Newcastle United vs Watford: 15/01/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

Dubravka

Krafth     Lascelles    Schar

Murphy                                             Trippier

Shelvey

Longstaff                     Joelinton

Saint-Maximin

Wood

Or

Dubravka

Krafth          Schar       Lascelles      Trippier

Shelvey

Fraser    Longstaff      Joelinton  Saint-Max

Wood

Both should be enough to get a result against a dismal Watford side missing some key players. I really think, given that Lewis, Dummett and Manquillo are all out, we should stick Trippier over there rather than limit ourselves so horribly by putting Ritchie back in. Murphy's useful on occasion in that wing-back role and Krafth showed glimpses of improvement against ManU; both are more worthy of a place in the side than Ritchie. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Dubravka

Krafth     Lascelles    Schar

Murphy                                             Trippier

Shelvey

Longstaff                     Joelinton

Saint-Maximin

Wood

Or

Dubravka

Krafth          Schar       Lascelles      Trippier

Shelvey

Fraser    Longstaff      Joelinton  Saint-Max

Wood

Both should be enough to get a result against a dismal Watford side missing some key players. I really think, given that Lewis, Dummett and Manquillo are all out, we should stick Trippier over there rather than limit ourselves so horribly by putting Ritchie back in. Murphy's useful on occasion in that wing-back role and Krafth showed glimpses of improvement against ManU; both are more worthy of a place in the side than Ritchie. 

I like the latter Yorkie, but would swap Trippier with Krafh, I would much rather we play our best players in position. 

2 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

We can’t buy RB Trippier just to put him in at LB man 😫

Only whilst the others are all out, like. Trippier's always been very strong for England at LB, I don't think we'd be denying ourselves his talent by putting him on the other side; he's versatile.

Hopefully Lewis comes back ASAP and continues his promise from a few games ago, really making LB his own. Otherwise it would be Manquillo. Dunno about putting Krafth there cos he struggles enough in his own position, but just not friggin Ritchie. 

Dubravka

Trippier     Schar       Lascelles      Manquillo

Shelvey

Fraser    Longstaff/Willock      Joelinton     ASM

Wood

Genuinely don't know who the 3rd CM is gonna be as Longstaff and Willock have been as bad as each other.

Yes. Let's hope so. Think Howe will get a response from the players. Similar to the Man Utd game after we got thras at Leicester and got beat at Liverpool.

NWOAT by the way.

Edited by nufcjb

6 minutes ago, jack j said:

I'd be questioning Howe massively if he starts Trippier left back like

He's played there for England, Krafth is at least a natural right-back even if bang average. I'd be happier with him as right-back for this game and Trippier in a position he knows rather than persisting with Ritchie as a left-back.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He's played there for England, Krafth is at least a natural right-back even if bang average. I'd be happier with him as right-back for this game and Trippier in a position he knows rather than persisting with Ritchie as a left-back.

It’s a shite state of affairs whatever permutation we try. 

16 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Unless we went wing-backs and stuck in a third centre-back somehow, then I'd go Fraser LWB & Trippier RWB. 

Has Fraser ever played wing-back?

1 hour ago, nortoon said:

Krafth at left back for me. Then Manquillo until Lewis/new left back comes in. It aint perfect but it isnt Ritchie :)

Think Krafth behind ASM is probably the play, aye, as he'll be naturally more inclined to do his donkey work. It allows Trippier to be less concerned about that and more of an outlet on the right.