Newcastle United vs. Everton 08/02/2022 @ 7.45pm (BT)

LRD

Just now, STM said:

If you think football is an "international language" or some bullshit you are wrong.

Players CAN take time to get a rhythm with team mates etc.

No idea what you even mean with that like.

I just think our midfield is terrible and replacing Shelvey with a Brazilian international who every footballing pundit seems to wank over is a good idea.

Just now, Comegetasample said:

Selfless call.

If Howe starts him and he has a shit game then his confidence will be shot and he'll more than likely get pelters from certain sections of the fan base. 

He's effectively taking all the heat himself for a lad that's only been here for 4 days.

I get what you're saying, but one alternative is he starts him, he plays well and we don't get overran in midfield like we have in almost every other game this season. 

We don't have the time to slowly integrate players. Especially when it's physically impossible for him to play any worse than Willock and Longstaff have for most of this season. 

If our CM wasn't as shocking as it is then I would have understood it. We've won 2 games and not been in control in 99% of all  games so far and get run through ridiculously easy, as well as having no CM who's good in tight tight situations. Or a player able to dictate the game. 

Having said that, it might go well anyway. But I'm still absolutely certain that it would go even better with Bruno from the start.  For all we know though, there might be some other issue. 

Just now, Chicane said:

Such an overreaction to not including a player that's been in the country, what, 3 days? :lol:

We all wanna see him and we all know our situation but this isn't THAT unreasonable

Exactly this. Van de Beek and Alli haven't started either ffs.

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

No idea what you even mean with that like.

I just think our midfield is terrible and replacing Shelvey with a Brazilian international who every footballing pundit seems to wank over is a good idea.

Yeah, I mean I don't expect to outgun Everton with our forwards, but I was quite confident of winning the midfield with Bruno in there.

Would have preferred to see Bruno start obviously but can see the logic given he's had a whirlwind last week or so. If it turns out to be a mistake then Howe deserves criticism but if it works out and we get a win hopefully people will allow him some credit, we're still well up to winning this imo

1 minute ago, jonny1403 said:

Exactly this. Van de Beek and Alli haven't started either ffs.

Alli is one of those who I think presents more of a danger from the bench, especially if he's not up to speed. That's actually quite a smart decision tbh. Willock would have been similar for us.

1 minute ago, TBG said:

There'd be folk on here blaming Howe for starting him after he went on to pull a hammy.

I think some are overreacting but this is just a slightly ridiculous thing to say mate. 

Many soiled breeches in here because a player who's been in the country for 3 days and has had maybe 2 training sessions with the team isn't starting one of the most important matches of the season.

4 minutes ago, TBG said:

There'd be folk on here blaming Howe for starting him after he went on to pull a hammy.

He's clearly fit so while I'm sure some would do that its not really a complaint with any substance to it.  However this is, we've got one of, if not the worst, midfield in the league.  Bruno is on another level to Shelvey, agree or disagree with the decision but I think the complaint has substance to it.