Newcastle United vs. Everton 08/02/2022 @ 7.45pm (BT)

LRD

I hope people don't kick off if Bruno doesn't start. I'm certain we haven't spent £40million+ for him to be a squad player; if he's on the bench it's cos he isn't physically/mentally ready to go from the off, having only arrived a couple of days ago. Obviously I hope he goes straight in and shows us what he's capable of immediately. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I hope people don't kick off if Bruno doesn't start. I'm certain we haven't spent £40million+ for him to be a squad player; if he's on the bench it's cos he isn't physically/mentally ready to go from the off, having only arrived a couple of days ago. Obviously I hope he goes straight in and shows us what he's capable of immediately. 

I mean its Howe's call but if we're beat and overrun in midfield people will kick off an rightly so. I can understand not rushing him into a settled side, but not the worst midfield in the league.

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I would agree if our midfield wasn't absolutely desperate and the most tragic in the league at possession. 

45 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Absolutely massive game this. Win, and I will be certain we will stay up. 

Pretty much this, after an absolute body blow hearing about Wilson a win here is very significant. A loss doesn't bare thinking about and a draw still leaves us in the balance with alot to do.

It's yet another must win game that we simply can't afford to throw away. Watford, Norwich, and Brentford should have all been wins. We need to change the narrative, turning draws into wins, not wins into draws.

28 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Of course they will, how much so will depend on the result. At least we won't have hear about Chris Wood for a few days.

Edited by The Prophet

Bruno has played all season so far for Lyon he's just been away with Brazil. There's no reason whatsoever why he doesn't start, he's said he's ready to play, that being the case Howe has to start him. The place is going to be rocking tonight, players will thrive of this.

51 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I know what you're saying and the most important thing is 3 points no matter who plays. But it will be a massive waste if he's on the bench and we don't win

It opens Howe up for criticism and this is one our most winnable games left

12 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I’ve apologised to me old man in advance for the words he’ll hear from me tonight for the 45 minutes Jordan Pickford is stood in front of us. I hope to fuck we can make him lose his head again.

Pickford getting absolute dogs abuse could be Key to getting a victory tonight.

Absolute madness to even suggest not starting Bruno he's a top athlete and by the videos of him coming into the club he's raring to go. I'd rather give him 60-70 minutes than bring him on off the bench the game could be lost by then.

Edited by WillingtonMag

19 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

He’s a 24 year old full international, who has played in two countries. Played most of this season, who is better than anyone in our midfield. He has stated himself he wants to start immediately. It’s madness to leave him out.

I really don't think there's ever been a possibility that he won't play. He's our most critical signing for probably 10 years.

1 minute ago, mofo said:

Dreading the 'fans' getting on Maxi's back after the first 10mins because he tried to beat a man instead of crossing it..

Im on the fence with this one. 

I think he should have complete license to go on a run if needed, but my god - sometimes look up and play the simple pass. 

A one-two can be just as effective as trying to run through 3 defenders.

He is a beast of a player, and I am a huge fan - but his decision making can improve. Nobody is perfect, something for him to work on