Newcastle United vs. Everton 08/02/2022 @ 7.45pm (BT)

LRD

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

He’s literally been training all season, playing all season.

Has he? I must have missed him in our squad line up?

Oh, you mean in France, a different country, with different players, in a different league. Gotcha.

Just now, ManDoon said:

He’s literally been training all season, playing all season.

But not with our team, and he won't have the understanding to come with it? The team has also had two weeks preparing for the game, Bruno has been here 2 minutes. I get that we all want to see him play, as I do, but this decision is more then understandable.

I think it is a stupid decision to not start Bruno. It's more of a risk to put him on the bench be 2 nil down. He is a defensive midfielder so would make no sense bringing him on if we are chasing. 

Whether he has played with the other lads or not he would offer us far more starting that not. Imo

Just now, STM said:

Amazing how many of our fans know so much better than Eddie Howe.

I mean, I get it, nobody is above criticism but fuck me it's way OTT.

He's doing what 90% of managers would have done, and the same thing that the manager in the opposition dug out has done.

It's a disappointing because we all wanted him to play but that's it.

The disappointing thing is watching another side dominate us in possession.

First impressions are that it's a really poor decision from Howe that, like. The kind of thing you'd expect from Pardew or any other PFM.

Don't agree with the "ballsy decision" take, it's the opposite IMO.

Hopefully we'll eat our words.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

By that logic we can’t criticize a footballer as not a single person on this forum has ever played at the level they have. 

I literally addressed this in my second sentence.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

But not with our team, and he won't have the understanding to come with it? The team has also had two weeks preparing for the game, Bruno has been here 2 minutes. I get that we all want to see him play, as I do, but this decision is more then understandable.

And our current side have an understanding? Clearly not hence why we are in the shit. 

I do kind of understand now starting him if we were higher up but this is a must win and he is going to be one of our best players. 

Central midfield is the most important position in the team in terms of knowing your team mates and tactics. 

Eddie clearly doesn't feel like Bruno has had enough time with him tactically or with the rest of the team.

Could even just be that Eddie feels like having Bruno on the bench for the first 45-60 minutes or so gives the coaching staff an opportunity to tell him where he wants him to be. 

We really don't want another Jetro Willems debut here, do we? 

3 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Give over man, come on. :lol:

Granted there are perhaps other considerations but presumably not starting because “he doesn’t know the Premier League” or whatever is straight out of the Pfm handbook.

Possibly harsh, just wanted to see our new guy, man :lol:.