Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

He was still top level today. He did miss a few passes that he’d usually make and didn’t get those fouls he gets by protecting the ball, but still made a big contribution.

That two footed lunge at the end of the game was ludicrous though and he’s lucky he didn’t hurt the Chelsea guy baldy 

Wasn't at his best in possession today, but his tenacity and defensive work were first class. 

It's very rare that you see teams tearing through the middle against us like they used to when Shelvey was in that position under Bruce. His off the ball work is very underrated IMO. 

Their only decent shot was from him giving it away on the edge of the box. Sometimes he is a bit to casual in dangerous areas. Maybe you can have that extra second on the ball in other European leagues, but not in the PL.

28 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Their only decent shot was from him giving it away on the edge of the box. Sometimes he is a bit to casual in dangerous areas. Maybe you can have that extra second on the ball in other European leagues, but not in the PL.

Yeah, definitely not in his nature to just get rid even when the situation demands it. 

2 hours ago, Andy said:

Wasn't at his best in possession today, but his tenacity and defensive work were first class. 

It's very rare that you see teams tearing through the middle against us like they used to when Shelvey was in that position under Bruce. His off the ball work is very underrated IMO. 

This is spot on. I don't know how he does it, but despite not being the quickest, he seems to be everywhere at once. This wasn't even one of his best games but he was still calling the shots.

Absolute insanity, I kind of like the fact he’s a bit unhinged. It’s all linked to him not being able to cope with when he plays anything below his best. However, he will get a red one day, probably not that far off, in a game where he gets frustrated at himself 

13 minutes ago, TotalWar said:

Almost loathe to say that when we scored everyone ran to the corner to celebrate with Willock, except Bruno, he just slowly walked back to the centre circle. I thought it odd

I think he's pretty inward-looking, like; very much wants to be the hero. It's not necessarily a bad thing. 

I don't think his performances have dropped that much tbh. He moved the ball really well yesterday and his tenacity off it was as useful as ever, he's just lost a bit of precision with those passes into the final third. 

I'm pleased for him that he's going to the World Cup but not devastated that the likes of Fred seem to get the nod over him. He, like basically every player in the Premier League, could use the rest. 

4 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I think he's pretty inward-looking, like; very much wants to be the hero. It's not necessarily a bad thing. 

I don't think his performances have dropped that much tbh. He moved the ball really well yesterday and his tenacity off it was as useful as ever, he's just lost a bit of precision with those passes into the final third. 

I'm pleased for him that he's going to the World Cup but not devastated that the likes of Fred seem to get the nod over him. He, like basically every player in the Premier League, could use the rest. 

He’s usually the first to run over to Miggy too, I saw it as he was trying to get his focus to defend the lead / tired legs.