Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Genuinely thought he struggled yesterday, especially in the first half. It wasn't so much what he could do with the ball in their half but more the way him and Shelvey dicked around with it in our half.

There was however, a couple of moments where you could see his class. In particular at the end of the first half where he whipped a ball in, which Willock should have done better with.

I want him to control games for us, that's what we need to see next.

Yeah he struggled a bit and all that but at the same time i have seen enough glimpses so far so im 100% certain he'll be one hell of a player for us soon once he adapts properly. Then things will come more naturally for him.

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

It was purely intentional, the luck comes from the fact that it could have easily gone in to the stands if he was positioned slightly differently, he could have totally missed it and looked Joelinton in the box in a heap on the floor legs all over the place.

It's a brilliant goal, and spectacular to watch but it's not something that I think is practiced and 95 times out of 100 it doesn't work out. 

Luck isn't a factor if you intended it. Luck is when it happens if it was by accident or chance.

6 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Nee luck involved in that. You could say any strike has an element of luck.  He went for it, generated the power and the direction. No luck.

Also did anyone hear Ando’s commentary.  “It’s a simple goal”. I thought I was a negative guy but fucking hell

Ando man [emoji38]

46 minutes ago, Wild Geese said:

Who has the confidence to volley a back heel goal on his full debut :coolsmiley:

I’m declaring it now, the lad will contribute to Winning us a Trophy !

I dunno like. Showed an alarming lack of awareness to be facing his own goal in such a situation.

:iamatwat:

20 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Nee luck involved in that. You could say any strike has an element of luck.  He went for it, generated the power and the direction. No luck.

Also did anyone hear Ando’s commentary.  “It’s a simple goal”. I thought I was a negative guy but fucking hell

To be fair he said he didn't have a great view and thought he side footed it. When he saw the replay he was raving about it.

Interesting to read the various reports on his performance yesterday. I didn't see the game myself, but fans seemed to be split on here on the posts which I read in the match thread, but according to the Times reporter he was our best player.

Was definitely not our best player but he delivered a fantastic cross to Willock which should have been put away and scored a wonder goal. The rest of his play was hit and miss, gave it away cheaply a few times. I’d give him a 7, based on the overall performance because he didn’t control the midfield. He’s clearly going to be amazing though 

39 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

He clarifies what he means, like. It's simple as in it's sent back stick and headed back across. He makes a noise when it goes in and laughs when he realises how he's put it in.

6m55: https://www.nufc.co.uk/nufc-tv/highlights/southampton-a-highlights-21-22/

51 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

He shouts “genius” as it goes in ffs :lol:

20 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Aye, Ando was loving it if you listen to the full thing. 

I love that his shout of ‘genius’ as it went in was actually appreciation of the back post corner and the knock down :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

I love that his shout of ‘genius’ as it went in was actually appreciation of the back post corner and the knock down :lol: 

you joking? he's talking about Bruno G. The simple stuff was about the deep corner and knock down. 

I'd really like to see him in a game where we have some possession, like. He'll be phenomenal when he's not spending all his energy chasing. 

Can't put my finger on why we aren't having more possession. Our full backs have more of the ball than anyone else so I guess we should be better when Trippier's back. Whatever we're doing is working though I suppose.

14 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

He was fairly pro Bruce was he not? At least he seemed to put the blame all on the players iirc

I think that's the BBC stance tbh. Absolutely shit-scared to call a manager out for fear of losing access. Listen to Total Sport and on either side, when a manager's under pressure, Ando or Gabbiadini (or whoever's standing in) won't call for their head.