Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

On 05/02/2022 at 15:54, JNK said:

By the start of 2019 the other players were calling him and Lodi "blank check's", that's how good and important these kids were for the team (and they weren't wrong, Bruno's transfer to Lyon was the biggest my club who is known in Brazil for selling well ever had, also, the 20% from the newcastle transfer is the 3rd or 4th biggest transfer fee we ever received as well).

I've seen comparsions between him and the like's of Fabinho and Fernandinho here at this thread, i'd say he's neyther.

He's not a true anchor man like Fabinho and also lack's the physicality Fabinho has but passes and progresses way better, Fernandinho is an amazing player (and another player my club actyally formed, alongside the likes of Lodi, Alex Sandro and Otavio from Bourdeax) but for me, Bruno has something that even Fernandinho (who was a 10 here in Brazil and a excelent dribbler/ball carrier) doesn't have and that are his trough passes and ability to dictate the tempo of the game, you're gonna see, his passes are like he has the triangle button of a video game on the tip os his boots, if he adapts well you're gonna have a player to make history on the club.

Really hope he adapt's fast to the intensity of the EPL and the team, since I hope he can take Fred's spot on Brazil's lineup for this year world cup, I really believe he can become an amazing regista like player and make an amazing midfield trio with Casemiro and Paquetá.

I'm just gonna quote my first post on this thread  :best:

Edited by JNK

Fuck it, I'm going to say it: He's the complete midfielder

Still relatively early days but he looks absolutely superb. He's nimble, he can tackle, his touch is great, he's got vision, he can pick a pass, he scores, he's still going after 90+ and is a bit of a leader in there too. I've yet to find something he can't do and he could well go on to become the best midfielder in black and white I've ever been lucky enough to watch.