Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Has there been any news on what our plans are for the returning WC players? Are they being given the same two weeks off the rest of the squad got?

Unless they get to the final they shouldn't get any break. Bruno is done now with over 2 weeks to Leicester so he should be playing if fit.  Even if players get to the final, after they do all the post World Cup media stuff they should be straight back in because none of our players have really played that much.

Just now, Decky said:

Unless they get to the final they shouldn't get any break. Bruno is done now with over 2 weeks to Leicester so he should be playing if fit.  Even if players get to the final, after they do all the post World Cup media stuff they should be straight back in because none of our players have really played that much.

Dunno, think there’s an argument to be made for them needing an emotional break as much as anything. Poor lad has basically just had a major dream crushed for the next 4 years minimum 

I'm glad he wasn't fielded, so none of the Brazilian fuckup can be pinned on him. Hope it dogs Antony for the remainder of the season, that showboating, non-creating, strollabout twat.

Edited by Emotic

8 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Dunno, think there’s an argument to be made for them needing an emotional break as much as anything. Poor lad has basically just had a major dream crushed for the next 4 years minimum 

Should be his midfield in 4 years time. 

8 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Can see Bruno being mega determined now to come back and show his quality.

I wouldn't be devastated being stuck on the bench whilst my team crashed out.  I'd be fucking furious. 

Particularly because they lacked and needed what he's best at in midfield 

Mental that Tite didn’t rely more on Bruno. The fact that the South American Steve Bruce actually made the effort to travel to Tyneside and witnessed a Bruno masterclass and still didn’t put any faith in him speaks volumes. 

International managers are horrible. Proper second rate. To think some people think Howe would take the London FC job. Madness. 

Disappointed as I wanted Brazil to win the cup, but delighted Bruno will be back early. 

Didn't see the match. Imagine he's absolutely gutted. Pleased he didn't get any on him re: penalties etc. It was the first thing I went to check.

Can imagine he'll be fired up as hell for us, and agree he'll probably need a bit of calming down and decompression if anything. Just doing the simple things for us for a little bit will be absolutely fine.

35 minutes ago, 80 said:

Didn't see the match. Imagine he's absolutely gutted. Pleased he didn't get any on him re: penalties etc. It was the first thing I went to check.

Can imagine he'll be fired up as hell for us, and agree he'll probably need a bit of calming down and decompression if anything. Just doing the simple things for us for a little bit will be absolutely fine.

Eddie will manage the situation absolutely perfectly I’m sure. Will use the pent up anger and frustration to our advantage. 

The use of him during this tournament was an absolute disgrace. Newcastle may not have a top 4 reputation (yet), but with 20 wins and 8 draws in their 34 matches of 2022, Newcastle have been a top 4 team throughout this calendar year, and he has been an absolutely enormous part of that rise up the table. Perhaps bar Joelinton, he has been the most important and effective front 6 player since he arrived, so he is an absolute catalyst for a side who have effectively been a top side, not a bit player for a 'big 6' club, pretty much the main man and heartbeat.

I still don't know what was going on in that Cameroon match. Someone on here mentioned he may have been earmarked to start the L16 match should Neymar not be ready in time, and that may well be the case, but it ended up backfiring badly. Not only did he end up being pretty much the only outfield player not to start a match for them (bearing in mind they made 9 changes in that match), when he came on he was obviously trying massively to make an impression, and ended up being a scapegoat, and was never seen since, so ended up not even starting the 'reserve' match, and barely amassing 60 (substitute) minutes in total in their 5+ matches. He's now 25 as well, so not as if he's some young'un who they'll try and ease in slowly.

Pathetic really.