Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

Is Sports media reactionary in every country? Seems like most nations’ press swing from loving a player to hating a player based on tiny sample sizes, e.g. one really good or bad game 

I think it's because none of this really matters, so they have to make it emotionally charged. Especially on a national program in the US, I'm in California and I could give a fuck if the first baseman for the St Louis Cardinals showboated after hitting a home run against the Cubs. Don't. Care. So, to make that listenable for me and the rest of the country the presenters have to get all riled up and pissed off about it, "this is outrageous! It's a bad look for all of baseball! You need to have respect for the game blah blah blah" all fired up like someone stole their mailbox. Otherwise who would give a shit?

Talk radio in general is like that, amped up outrage to get people to give a shit about non-events, but sports is especially bad because it's all so silly to begin with.

Edited by Miercoles

It's one of the things that makes Alexi Lalas so unbearable to watch. He does this at about 300% and he's also just really really bad at it. Ham-fisted would be the word.

"You. Have. To. Hit. The. Headers. With. Your head!!! This is soccer! You have to get up there with your head, and hit the ball with it!" .... Thanks, Lex.

Edited by Miercoles

Really, Bruno's performance the other night was fine. For the last 20 minutes he was playing almost as a forward which is not his game and missed a few chances. Had the game went on longer I reckon he would have scored. He was clearly just trying a bit too hard to make an impression in half an hour on the pitch.

On 02/12/2022 at 20:10, Shak said:

He's very obviously going to start the next game, lads.

All the reserves starting today yet Fred keeping his place is pretty fucking obvious.

He'll replace Fred in the front six from last game, Neymar on the bench at best as they'll assume they have enough to beat Korea without him needing to start.

You know your onions.

You have to feel sorry for him not starting the other day -almost certain not to start a match now outside of a 3rd / 4th playoff. A couple of cameos at least, but you could tell he was trying too hard the other day and desperate to contribute, and it may have been counterproductive. Twitter can obviously be a cesspit, but he was getting a lot of stick on there after the Cameroon match.

35 minutes ago, Shak said:

Shoulder Shrug GIF

Still reckon he's moved ahead of Fred and was being kept in case Neymar wasn't ready.

But whatever, the less he plays the better for Newcastle so it's all good.

Not sure about that thought process. I’d be worried he’d be thinking.. “if I was at a bigger club like Real or Barca I’d be starting these matches.”

35 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Paqueta is a regular, he plays for West Ham.

Paqueta was a regular before the move though.

Bruno has to force his way into the side. If Brazil play the three of Neymar, Casemiro and Paqueta it’s only right that Bruno doesn’t get in imo.

He should be ahead of Fred but the events of Thursday won’t have done him any favours as, while his all-round play was good the missed chances will stick in the mind.

Edited by Sima

7 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Not sure about that thought process. I’d be worried he’d be thinking.. “if I was at a bigger club like Real or Barca I’d be starting these matches.”

Your club, and its visibility, gets you to the squad (or not). It’s on him, training and game time, to secure a start. Doubt he’ll feature again, though if they bring him on in the final, when they’re trailing three nil to us, and he scores one and creates one, leading to a deafening twatter clamour for him to have been brought in sooner, we’ll… that’s ok too. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

10 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Shak is probably right, or that is what was rumoured. Bruno would’ve started last night had Neymar not played, that’s why Fred started against Cameroon.