Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

International managers often get hung up on their favourites, preferring to stick with what worked last year or the year before. Then when it’s time for a step up in competition their selections get exposed, and suddenly they realise the truth of what a Fred is, but by then it is too late and they’re handing in their resignation.

Obviously Fred isn’t very good, and Paqueta has made no impact in England yet, so to us it’s weird, but to Tite he was picking the players that won him games in the past. I’ve said with regards to England, the only way to really freshen up an international squad is to change manager. I’m sure with a new pair of eyes Bruno will leapfrog those two. Joelinton probably has more ground to make up, but I’m sure he will get his chance.

Edited by Kimbo

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The standard of the PL is comfortably higher than the WC.  Morocco and Croatia were in the semi finals - it doesn't seem laughable to me that Joelinton had something to offer.  He doesn't need to be a top three midfielder in the world - just a decent one.  Joelinton is an excellent midfield destroyer - I wouldn't go as far as to suggest Brazil should play him, but then again they were playing Fred, Paqueta and Casemiro - and I wouldn't swap Joelinton for any of those three at present.

Joelinton being ahead of Casemiro is mental, tell me what kind of weed you're smoking, I wanna be that high! :lol:

42 minutes ago, Flip said:

club bias is helluva drug. 

Were do I sign Flip?

I do think Joelinton might get chances on this new cycle but thinking he would make a difference on this squad wc is too far fetched, I not even sure Bruno would be the right man to hold the ball against croatia, if Tite wanted to hold that middle he should have played Fabinho instead of Fred (judging only the WC performances)

1 hour ago, Shak said:

Think the mask has just slipped as the years have gone by, to be honest.

7-1 broke him.

Remember good Flip? Friendly Flip? Now we've got this Buenos Aires motherfucker screaming about mi madre's concha.

9 hours ago, Flip said:

[emoji38] Joelinton. He wouldn’t have solved any issue. I’m not really sure what you want me to admit to? Like I said, I believe Bruno or Fabinho would’ve solved a lot of the issue towards the second half of ET, but moreso by taking Neymar off at that moment as he was knackered and didn’t contribute a second.

This talk about ”control in midfield” is a false narrative based on the first 25 minutes and just shows the lack of knowledge towards the way Brazil plays as well as trying to fit in an argument as to why a Newcastle player should’ve been part of the squad. I said it at halftime and I say it again, Brazil let Serbia, Switzerland do the same for the first 30minites. France lets other teams do the same for 90minutes but they’re lethal. Never seen anyone except for this forum say Joelinton would’ve been the answer to anything. Brazil lost due to a counter-attack in the 116th minute when committing too many tired legs forward when there was absolutely no need. Furthermore, Casemiro on a yellow was the only one capable of killing that counter and he decided not to get sent off so far off the goal, and then lastly that deflection. 

You try and make it seem like Brazil lost 5-0 when in fact the team was superior in every sense apart from the first 30minutes except finishing. Game should’ve been dead by then, unfortusntely football is about details especially in knock out stages. Just lmagine if Kane scores, maybe England would’ve been in the final tonight.

Fwiw, I do believe Bruno deserved more chances and I am sure he will be a major part of the set up in this next 4 year cycle. 

you’re my boy so I’ll let some of the odd digs slide across the few posts. 

you had lost the midfield battle in extra time, you brought on the wrong guy, you committed guys forward with 0 recovery pace and yes, Big Jow is a unit capable of dealing with Kovacic and co. It’s not club bias, I wouldn’t have told you Bruno could deal with Kovacic because he’s not nearly as strong or fast as Joelinton who’s got measurable stats across all the major trackers showing how good he’s been and how he ranks. 

Hopefully your next manager realizes you need someone who may not be as flashy as some of your elite attackers are because maybe just maybe it makes sense to bring an in form contrarian disrupter of a player like Joelinton 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

you’re my boy so I’ll let some of the odd digs slide across the few posts. 

you had lost the midfield battle in extra time, you brought on the wrong guy, you committed guys forward with 0 recovery pace and yes, Big Jow is a unit capable of dealing with Kovacic and co. It’s not club bias, I wouldn’t have told you Bruno could deal with Kovacic because he’s not nearly as strong or fast as Joelinton who’s got measurable stats across all the major trackers showing how good he’s been and how he ranks. 

Hopefully your next manager realizes you need someone who may not be as flashy as some of your elite attackers are because maybe just maybe it makes sense to bring an in form contrarian disrupter of a player like Joelinton 

Casemiro does just that though and Fred recovery is the one thing he has above anyone else. I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree here though and as someone said we’ll never know. 

On 18/12/2022 at 12:00, Kimbo said:

International managers often get hung up on their favourites, preferring to stick with what worked last year or the year before. Then when it’s time for a step up in competition their selections get exposed, and suddenly they realise the truth of what a Fred is, but by then it is too late and they’re handing in their resignation.

Obviously Fred isn’t very good, and Paqueta has made no impact in England yet, so to us it’s weird, but to Tite he was picking the players that won him games in the past. I’ve said with regards to England, the only way to really freshen up an international squad is to change manager. I’m sure with a new pair of eyes Bruno will leapfrog those two. Joelinton probably has more ground to make up, but I’m sure he will get his chance.

This is also the reason we should be replacing Southgate. He's out of ideas and stuck on his favourites. Needs freshening up.

The lad must be disappointed having gone into the tournament on the crest of a wave. Must have been galling  being heralded as one of the most inform midfielders, then seeing the lad from Brighton and Fernandez having great tournaments. Hopefully works out well for us and he’s got a point to prove.