Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

On 05/02/2022 at 15:54, JNK said:

Hi lads, first post on the forum, I'm brazilian and a fan of Paranaense, signed up here just to see how well Bruno's gonna do for the magpies and to see the repercussion .

I've been watching him since his debut for my club in 2018, in 3 months, he got picked from our u-23 who plays the regionals for us, to the main team with Renan Lodi.  Both were essencial in our south american and brazilian cup titles in 18 and 19, but specially Bruno, even scoring on the first match of the Brazilian cup final. 

By the start of 2019 the other players were calling him and Lodi "blank check's", that's how good and important these kids were for the team (and they weren't wrong, Bruno's transfer to Lyon was the biggest my club who is known in Brazil for selling well ever had, also, the 20% from the newcastle transfer is the 3rd or 4th biggest transfer fee we ever received as well).

I've seen comparsions between him and the like's of Fabinho and Fernandinho here at this thread, i'd say he's neyther.

He's not a true anchor man like Fabinho and also lack's the physicality Fabinho has but passes and progresses way better, Fernandinho is an amazing player (and another player my club actyally formed, alongside the likes of Lodi, Alex Sandro and Otavio from Bourdeax) but for me, Bruno has something that even Fernandinho (who was a 10 here in Brazil and a excelent dribbler/ball carrier) doesn't have and that are his trough passes and ability to dictate the tempo of the game, you're gonna see, his passes are like he has the triangle button of a video game on the tip os his boots, if he adapts well you're gonna have a player to make history on the club.

Really hope he adapt's fast to the intensity of the EPL and the team, since I hope he can take Fred's spot on Brazil's lineup for this year world cup, I really believe he can become an amazing regista like player and make an amazing midfield trio with Casemiro and Paquetá.

Brazilian tip, the easiest way to pronounce his last name woud be something like "Geemarains" the ÃE sound in portuguese is fairly similar to the AIN in english.  

I still think my prayse in this first post wasn't enough.

What a player! 

Some of the stuff he did last night, incredible.

Deep in our half he received the ball as 2 Everton players closed him down, with a big gap between him and our defence, and he did a pirouette to take the ball away from them and bring it to safety and calmy passed it out to the right.

But somehow, even better than that, when he had THREE Everton players kicking his ankles for a few seconds near the dugouts before loosing a pass that set Callum Wilson away on the right hand side..

I think he might just be the best player I've ever seen at my club. And I don't say that lightly.

12 hours ago, cubaricho said:

He was way off it the first half but proved his class in the second.

Like others have mentioned, I don't think he's fully fit and he's waiting for the summer to get some work done but he's absolutely class when he's fit and one of the first names on the team sheet every week.

I actually thought he was our best midfielder in the first half, seemed to be the only one who was trying to create some time on the ball under their 90mph press. Obviously he's not 100% but he was still finding a way.

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Mozo man. They're meant to be bigging him up, 2 chances created isn't a big enough figure to go by anything, and didn't Tiote do something like 53 out of 53 passes here rather than 40 out of 56? :lol:

Considering we barely managed to have some decent passes in the first entire half I would say it’s pretty good.

38 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Mozo man. They're meant to be bigging him up, 2 chances created isn't a big enough figure to go by anything, and didn't Tiote do something like 53 out of 53 passes here rather than 40 out of 56? :lol:

Yeah must do better! [emoji38]

44 minutes ago, TRon said:

I actually thought he was our best midfielder in the first half, seemed to be the only one who was trying to create some time on the ball under their 90mph press. Obviously he's not 100% but he was still finding a way.

This.  He lost it a couple of times when he wouldn't usually.  But often showed his class by getting out of trouble and still managing to find a forward pass. 

He was our best player first half, along with Botman.

I genuinely think he has set such a high bar.  That a 7/10 performance from him is like he's not playing well.  I remember when he got MOTM away at Southampton in the cup and I thought it was a strange choice and others were better.  Then they showed his highlight reel and he was incredible.  It's like we take his world class performances every week for granted. 

Everton may not have punished us regardless, but the first half could have gone very differently without him. He relieved pressure multiple times when the rest of the team could barely kick a ball. 

Edited by timeEd32

Playing injured and still looks a class act.

Missing his bite a bit with tackles (as he looks to be protecting his ankle)

Despite this - He is producing some excellent performances in (without reaching the heights late last season) 

He will kick on again next season

Outstanding player.

As mentioned by everyone we need to build around Botman , Bruno and Isak 

Has a habit of turning back towards his own goal when trying to keep possession and, occasionally, loses the ball. More often than not he recycles the ball though. I'm hugely impressed he's coming through these games, I thought he looked done in 3 or 4 games back with the ankle.

Whole midfield was poor first half, all very slow to release the ball. Considering how small our pool of CMs are and little they've been rotated, it's not a surprise we're seeing some sloppier performances at times.

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

Here's a needlessly inflammatory opinion that I only half believe: this guy has been getting carried by Longstaff/Joelinton/Willock for a good few months now. 

One that I 100% believe: he's an unbelievably bad striker of a football. Proper ankle merchant.