Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Legitimately one of the best players in the PL. He was elite today. 

And that's with him playing at like 50% to not injure himself more. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being the best midfielder I've seen for us, he is already pretty fucking close like. 

5 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

The way he was limping at about 25 minutes was terrifying and I was worried that'd take the shine off the result, but he just recovered and was running about the rest of the game like it never happened. Love him.

He limped until half time. I thought it was crazy not to take him off at 5-0. But second half he was fine. 

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

And that's with him playing at like 50% to not injure himself more. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being the best midfielder I've seen for us, he is already pretty fucking close like. 

idk I’m already there. He’s the best I’ve ever seen for us. He does the dirty and beautiful and when we’re pressed high he’s absolutely running the entire thing. 

3 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Who would he have to pass? i.e who do you have in #1 at present?

Not being a dick and suggesting Bruno is by miles #1 already. Genuinely curious as to who you have as his closest competition.

Question open to everyone [emoji38]

For me, in CM and in my lifetime it's Speed, Lee and Cabaye.

I loved all three for different reasons.

Edit: Not saying they're ahead BTW. Just that, before Bruno, these were my top 3 CMs

Edited by BlazeT44

1 minute ago, BlazeT44 said:

Not being a dick and suggesting Bruno is by miles #1 already. Genuinely curious as to who you have as his closest competition.

I don't even know :lol:

I'm in that age bracket where I've seen the likes of Speed and Lee, but nowhere near enough to really compare them to how much I've seen of Bruno. Since I've been old enough to bother analysing football, it's Bruno by a mile like. Probably used to be Cabaye, but he's legit absolutely miles behind Bruno. 

Was absolutely convinced I wanted to see him in the number 8 role so he got in and around the box more, but seeing him play the number 6 role and dictate the game like he did today just makes me think that I might have it completely wrong.

Edited by Thumbheed

37 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Only Rob Lee is better for me.

Little word for the touch and pass to Willock for the Isak goal. 

A normal midfielder just knocks that to Willock’s feet to be safe, and Willock isn’t able to play the forward pass. 

But Bruno rolls his studs over it under pressure and plays it ahead of Willock, starting off the whole move. 

So many examples of those little added value things he does. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Little word for the touch and pass to Willock for the Isak goal. 

A normal midfielder just knocks that to Willock’s feet to be safe, and Willock isn’t able to play the forward pass. 

But Bruno rolls his studs over it under pressure and plays it ahead of Willock, starting off the whole move. 

So many examples of those little added value things he does. 

It was great. @Scotty66's lass fucking loved it. 

He's now our fulcrum, everything revolves around him and he's absolutely fucking superb. Just adding 2 or 3 more players to this side will see him being given even more time, space to dictate things in the most important area on the park. I'd honestly not swap him for another CM in the PL right now and I'm including KdB, Bruno is at the exact right club at the exact right time under the exact right manager to allow him and us to grow and develop. He's insanely good and makes everything look just so easy and effortless. One of the best players to play in black and white and I genuinely mean that. 

I’m another of the ‘prime Rob Lee still the best in my lifetime’ camp - but that position becomes less tenable with each game.  But Lee was a very different player from Bruno.

In terms of just phenomenal vision and ability, Gascoigne and Cabaye are the only ones I’ve seen in the same class. 

57 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He did it all day, even when we went (understandably) flat. Its not just that he plays and runs forward himself, but with the passes he plays he dictates others to do the same, all the time. 

1 hour ago, FloydianMag said:

:lol: Fucking hell.

His little futsal sole-of-the-foot rolls are absolutely disgusting. It's the exact type of touch you were told not to do as a British youngster in the 2000s on a wet pitch. Futsal FTW.

I think his finest ability is how important he makes himself. He always asks for the ball when we’re deep. He makes a very active effort to be the one who starts the attacks. And when we’re closer to the opposite box he always makes sure he’s in space to receive a pass should that be an option a wide player wants to take.

It seems like a small thing but that attitude is massive. The desire to imprint himself on the game. 

Fwiw I think Isak has a similar mentality but his position is that much higher up the pitch (obviously).

I’m still not sure about Gordon but this is one area he could actively look to improve himself. When he feels a bit more confident and feels like he belongs, I’d like to see him look assert himself more. I think he has it in him.

11 hours ago, BlazeT44 said:

His closest competition would be Rob Lee. I agree though, Bruno is comfortably the best midfielder I've seen in a Newcastle shirt, no question.

On 16/04/2023 at 12:45, Lotus said:

It’s not just Bruno’s lack of pace, it’s that none of our midfielders ever effectively sit in front or back 4. With our system and our use of the high press, all the midfielders need to move up to cover the passing options through the middle.

It does mean though that a team can go diagonally from the back, miss out our press and then find a massive gap in front of our back 4. 
I mean, Bournemouth did it to us with some ease if we’re honest. They just didn’t have the quality to capitalise.

We need to be a bit more flexible tactically. I’m sure that’s kind of obvious by now.

EH will, I have no doubt seen it. Hopefully we’ll start to see the plan b and c options take shape next season.

This summer we need a few more options to gice us that flexibility.

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

I think his finest ability is how important he makes himself. He always asks for the ball when we’re deep. He makes a very active effort to be the one who starts the attacks. And when we’re closer to the opposite box he always makes sure he’s in space to receive a pass should that be an option a wide player wants to take.

It seems like a small thing but that attitude is massive. The desire to imprint himself on the game. 

Fwiw I think Isak has a similar mentality but his position is that much higher up the pitch (obviously).

I’m still not sure about Gordon but this is one area he could actively look to improve himself. When he feels a bit more confident and feels like he belongs, I’d like to see him look assert himself more. I think he has it in him.

"I'M HIM" energy.