Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Man City, Liverpool and PSG all lusting after him according to various reports over the last few weeks.

The goings on at the club right now are just too epic and special, and he adds another £50 million to his value every game he plays. Can't see him leaving at all.

Very satisfying to see these clowns all wanting him now. We were sat in the bottom three in the league when we signed him, while they were all fumbling about chasing the obvious names as usual.

Unlucky!

2 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Madrid is the only concern for me, particularly if we're in the CL.

Thing with Madrid is they can't/won't pay 100m for him. They will instead spend the Summer trying to unsettle him and get his head turned hoping we get forced into accepting a lower amount. It's something they have done for years and years. 

Just now, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Is he negotiating a new contract?

That was rumour weeks ago. I have a feeling it's pretty much done and they're waiting on the confirmation/announcement of next seasons main sponsor so they can get a picture with Bruno holding a Newcastle top with SaudiA on the front of it. 

Cabaye was an incredibly tidy player built in the mould of one that fans love- compact, neat, guileful and French- but I don’t see how anybody could have him even close to Bruno, who is just screamingly, obviously elite and destined to go to the top, with either us or some other lucky bastards. 

Bruno needs an end of 93-94/start of 94/95 period of form to get past Rob Lee for me, but I've no doubt that he's capable of doing it. That spell, plus longevity are the only things holding me back from saying he's the best midfielder I've seen at Newcastle. The likes of Cabaye are leagues below Lee and Bruno and shouldn't even be mentioned really. 

5 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Cabaye was an incredibly tidy player built in the mould of one that fans love- compact, neat, guileful and French- but I don’t see how anybody could have him even close to Bruno, who is just screamingly, obviously elite and destined to go to the top, with either us or some other lucky bastards. 

Cabaye was better in front of goal and that's it. Zero fight in him.

16 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Bruno needs an end of 93-94/start of 94/95 period of form to get past Rob Lee for me, but I've no doubt that he's capable of doing it. That spell, plus longevity are the only things holding me back from saying he's the best midfielder I've seen at Newcastle. The likes of Cabaye are leagues below Lee and Bruno and shouldn't even be mentioned really. 

Aye, this is where I am.

Rob Lee was at that level all of the way through to Keegan leaving at the start of 97 for me though.

1 hour ago, OverThere said:

Only Man C would be any kind of threat, since the other 2 have no more to offer than we have.

Not that he’d ever go purely for the money, but all three currently pay wages to individual players far in excess of us. 

Crazy how this guy was scoring the goals that pulled us out of relegation last year, that's not even his fucking position. He's an automatic MOTM every game in the holding role, and oh if you happen to play him advanced for whatever reason he'll just score every game, whatever.

In this day and age, you can never truly know what's in a player's heart - but man, it surely looks and feels like Bruno adores the club and the city as much as the supporters adore him. We all know how talented he is, it's obscene what he can do, but I would argue almost as important has been his attitude, his approach, his whole-hearted love of the club and his teammates. He joined us when we were in the shit and helped to drag us out of it, without a relegation clause in sight. He seems to have taken the elevation of the club as a personal goal and him raising the standard has done so, so much for the entire club. 

I just love him.

14 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s on the bench on Thursday. Everton will be aggressive and I’d rather rest him tmrw rather than be forced to miss Sunday. 

Would be gutted but not shocked if he is out for this and we're trying to keep it on the down low. He spent the last 15 mins of the first half on Sunday limping around the pitch. Was actually shocked he came back out after half time. And I know whenever Bruno is going to be out they try and keep it quiet for as long as possible.