Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

15 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Pretty strong quotes about his ankle issues in the Chronicle. Says he twisted it in the warm up and it's been a persistent problem since January.

Thankfully have a week in between games for the majority of the season now 

Would explain his grimaces after the final whistle and Eddie checking up on him immediately after each game. Hopefully something a week off will solve, or at least get him to the end of the season where it can be sorted properly. 

2 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Pretty strong quotes about his ankle issues in the Chronicle. Says he twisted it in the warm up and it's been a persistent problem since January.

I hate those. Once it rolls the first time, it seems that every uneven surface or awkward step is a twist waiting to happen. Hope we could keep it together until the end of the season.

If it's too bad I'm sure Eddie and co will rest him.

He's got a decent weeks rest so he might be ok to soldier on.

He's definitely a massive cog in our side but football is all about adapting and we seem to be able to do that. But here's hoping Bruno shakes off the worst and finishes the season off.

When I have any niggle/injury I basically refuse to move because I’m soft as shit, so I struggle to see how someone carrying an injury can train and play sport at such a high level.

Are players just hard as nails or are they pumped full of drugs so they don’t feel anything?

31 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

When I have any niggle/injury I basically refuse to move because I’m soft as shit, so I struggle to see how someone carrying an injury can train and play sport at such a high level.

Are players just hard as nails or are they pumped full of drugs so they don’t feel anything?

Both usually. Adrenaline and drugs can carry you a long way.