Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think we need to limp him to the end of the season and sort out whatever niggle he's had the last month or so out over the summer. Even if it's something that needs surgery and it means he misses the start of the season, get it done. We should have a signing or two in the summer that'll compensate him missing games from August onwards. 

This is it, he’s clearly been carrying an ankle injury which has been suggested needs surgery too. People need to look at the bigger picture. 

This reminds me of when ASM has bad game, he gets knackers in his thread singling him out.

Bruno is consistently brilliant, he has a poor game and everyone shits themselves.

Think about all these lads all season working there bollox off, overachieving, playing literally every game if they're fit, taking us to a cup final, then also think about the opposition having their own motivation to do just as well, we were cancelled out by some of our own weak points, lack of chances converted, Arsenal taking their chances and working just as hard as us, and obviously Arsenal's game management or lying on the ground a lot. 

Nobody should complain about anyone of these players this season, they've gone above and beyond everyone's expectations.

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

This is it, he’s clearly been carrying an ankle injury which has been suggested needs surgery too. People need to look at the bigger picture. 

OK then, is this more apt.  Bruno is carrying an injury and was awful today.  Same outcome you know.

3 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

This reminds me of when ASM has bad game, he gets knackers in his thread singling him out.

Bruno is consistently brilliant, he has a poor game and everyone shits themselves.

Think about all these lads all season working there bollox off, overachieving, playing literally every game if they're fit, taking us to a cup final, then also think about the opposition having their own motivation to do just as well, we were cancelled out by some of our own weak points, lack of chances converted, Arsenal taking their chances and working just as hard as us, and obviously Arsenal's game management or lying on the ground a lot. 

Nobody should complain about anyone of these players this season, they've gone above and beyond everyone's expectations.

I think it is completely fair that people vent their frustrations and just simply call out when players have bad games.

What you're describing are the rules of a cult. 

Just now, mighty__mag said:

We’re going to see this more and more as we’re successful. Some will quickly forget where we’ve come from.

48 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

How do you know surgery is needed? 

He’s been carrying it long enough that it would suggest it’s going to take a longer, more serious rehabilitation than just a rest.

Edited by Nine

15 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

He was awful. Almost everything went wrong for him. Its not singling him out. Its an observation.  

He had a poor game. It was also the game when I realised how desperate we are for a number 6. Bruno has earned the right to play in the position he wants to play in.

He's carrying an injury, but my worry is that he's been found out now.  Teams know how to nullify him.  His lack of pace/athleticism has always been a concern of mine.  We need a pacey dynamic midfielder to compliment him.  Easier said than done, but Declan Rice would be my choice.

5 minutes ago, STM said:

He had a poor game. It was also the game when I realised how desperate we are for a number 6. Bruno has earned the right to play in the position he wants to play in.

His best position is 6. His biggest quality is how unpressable he is, his awareness and ability to make the most of whatever space he has makes him a natural 6. He’s also probably not athletically gifted enough to play in the front 2 of our 4/3/3 for any lengthy period.

Edited by Nine

Just now, Nine said:

His best position is 6. His biggest quality is how unpressable he is, his awareness and ability to make the most of whatever space he has makes him a natural 6. He’s also probably not athletically gifted enough to play in the front 2 of our 4/3/3.

He played 8 last year and was class. He also believes he's a number 8.

He might be wrong and you might be right though.

Just now, Nine said:

His best position is 6. His biggest quality is how unpressable he is, his awareness and ability to make the most of whatever space he has makes him a natural 6. He’s also probably not athletically gifted enough to play in the front 2 of our 4/3/3.

He's given it away loads in very dangerous areas this season tbh, but we've hardly ever been punished.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

He played 8 last year and was class. He also believes he's a number 8.

He might be wrong and you might be right though.

Does Howe play him as an 8 when Longstaff is available?

Edited by Nine

5 minutes ago, STM said:

[emoji38] So you think that Longstaff is a viable 6?

Longstaff played decently at 6 with Bruno out at the start of the season, if Bruno is so great at 8 why doesn’t he play there when Longstaff is available? 

It’s crazy to me that after a poor game against the second best side in the league people start saying he plays in the wrong position :lol:

Edited by Nine

6 minutes ago, TorchyTBB said:

my worry is that he's been found out now.  

Dont think thats the problem at all. Hes been so good, but today almost all he did went tits up. Stupid fouls, lost the ball, couldnt get his passes right at all, shots went tits up like everything. He just had a terrible game.

Just now, Nine said:

Longstaff played decently at 6 with Bruno out, if Bruno is so great at 8 why doesn’t he play there when Longstaff is available? 

What fixtures did Longstaff play as 6?