Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

The more I see of this guy the more i realise how important to the squad he is.  Everyone seems to gravitate towards him - you could see for instance when Tonali scored his goal it was Bruno he was looking for.  His attitude and personality is just as important as his ability - for me he's the one player we couldnt afford to lose.

As much as Howe loves his bright young English talent, Bruno and Joelinton are the beating hearts of this team. Their attitude is absolutely Howe's philosophy made manifest on the pitch, full of positivity but also hard nosed laser focused when needs to be. No selfishness. 

4 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

As much as Howe loves his bright young English talent, Bruno and Joelinton are the beating hearts of this team. Their attitude is absolutely Howe's philosophy made manifest on the pitch, full of positivity but also hard nosed laser focused when needs to be. No selfishness. 

Big Joe is an example to all. Believe in yourself, knuckle down, keep trying. Don’t ever give up.  Dreams can come true!

IMG_0751.webp.23737a6e0b5ee3b58177fac23e8e658c.webp

Edited by PauloGeordio

On 17/08/2023 at 10:50, The Butcher said:

Twitter ITK claiming he returned overweight and in poor shape for pre-season.

If there was a problem then there's absolutely no chance he would've played against Villa. Every player looked fitter than their opposite number.

Unrelated, I love that he and Tonali are already buddies (see avatar). 

Forget sometimes what a class act this guy is. A truly exceptional player that adores the club. That's what it's all about as a fan.

Just now, Wallsendmag said:

Not sure what's but he's been pretty average since the League Cup final tbh.

Seems to dwell on the ball too long and get himself closed down, plus his first touch on the run has been poor lately. Hopefully he snaps out if it.

Just now, Smal said:

he was much, much better tonight btw.

Completely agree. He did lose the ball a few times, but felt at times it was because the ball was played to him in very difficult circumstances unlike pre-season and last weekend where he would dwell on the ball for a year before losing it. 

6 minutes ago, Flip said:

Thought he was poor last weekend, and while he had trouble tonight he was the only one really trying to match their midfield compared to Big Joe and Tonali. 

Tonali was the better of the three for me.  Bruno had another Bruno 2023 performance.

I think the lad needs to worry more about his performances than improved contracts.  

1 minute ago, Smal said:

he was much, much better tonight btw.

Agree with this.

Just now, Collage said:

Poor tonight. He needs to find his form and I’m sure he will.

Don't agree with this.

in what way? i honestly think he's been prety poor for quite a while now. I know he was injured last season for the last third, but he isn't now, and wasnt in preseason, and he looks a shadow of his former self at present. That 'shot' was terrible, lacked compsure and finesse. 

Is he really world class? jury's still out for me.

1 minute ago, Collage said:

Poor tonight. He needs to find his form and I’m sure he will.

Definitely our best midfielder, possibly best out of the front 6 along with Miggy (despite his decision making). We were playing the best team in the world and lost 1-0 through a fantastic goal :lol:

1 minute ago, RobS said:

in what way? i honestly think he's been prety poor for quite a while now. I know he was injured last season for the last third, but he isn't now, and wasnt in preseason, and he looks a shadow of his former self at present. That 'shot' was terrible, lacked compsure and finesse. 

Christ

2 minutes ago, RobS said:

Has anyone ever said he was world class ?

1 minute ago, RobS said:

World class players don’t have nine month form dips.

Bruno is an excellent footballer - but I wouldn’t be surprised to see that he ‘doesn’t make the journey’ if we’re to reach Man City’s level. 

1 minute ago, RobS said:

I thought he was really poor last week but this week he picked the ball up and alongside Trippier and Tonali in parts was the only one to show some composure and quality tonight.

Out of possession it was impossible to get near them. It didn’t help that Joelinton seemed off his game a bit.