Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Nah, not really. He’s amazing. He’s our main man. But we need him to be our main man in games like today. Just because we love him forever doesn’t mean we can’t want more from him. 

bring on Liverpool. 

16 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

He's trying too hard atm and has been for a while, he's forcing it. When he starts to flow this year, and he will, he'll be unreal. Still think he was canny today and has been canny generally, but there's levels to come.

That’s prob it for me. Trying too hard.  We need his mate Willockinho back too. 

9 hours ago, Nine said:

Comparing his goals to his first 6 months here is retarded, he played as an 8 for most of that time. He’s now the 6, the first guy who receives the ball from the back line and looks to either play something incisive or more commonly shifts the ball safely. He’s been for that a season now.

He was sensational last season up to the World Cup, where he was playing as the six, so no, it isn't stupid to compare now with his 2022 form. 

8 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I thought he had a decent game today, other than THAT shot 🤷‍♂️

Wasn't so much the shot as the first touch tbh, hate that little roll with the studs where he never quite has control of the ball, by far the worst thing in Bruno's reportoire and he does it quite often. 

People are underrating his performance in general last night though, he was fine.

Think that shot is a clear example off something being off with him. When he first came here one thing i noticed about him was that he never got dispossesed, now it seems to happen multiple times every game. 

Dont know what it it, maybe the baby is keeping him up at night or something. But I think its clear that he is not on top off his game.

Edited by Displayname

I just think it's bollocks.

When he first came, he was playing a much more advanced role, scoring goals and much more visible.

It's been a while since I've seen a 9/10 performance from him but I've still never seen a poor performance from him. Even Bruno on an off day is twice the player Shelvey ever was.

yeah, in the beginnig he always found that pass or hit that shot. Now it always a slip up or ruched moment. though ok second half overall. but that really isn´t good enough for a player like him. needs to dominate. 

Think this might be the worst debate going on the board at the moment. He’s absolutely class and will show it time and again this season, his ankle issues last season dropped his level a decent amount. From what I saw yesterday, I think we’re going to see a huge performance from him soon, likely next game 

5 minutes ago, STM said:

I just think it's bollocks.

When he first came, he was playing a much more advanced role, scoring goals and much more visible.

It's been a while since I've seen a 9/10 performance from him but I've still never seen a poor performance from him. Even Bruno on an off day is twice the player Shelvey ever was.

He is only poor when you compare him to his past self :) Its not like I think we should bench him.

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Think this might be the worst debate going on the board at the moment. He’s absolutely class and will show it time and again this season, his ankle issues last season dropped his level a decent amount. From what I saw yesterday, I think we’re going to see a huge performance from him soon, likely next game 

Spot on

I thought he was pretty decent last night? Fucked up a few through balls that he should have done better with and that shot was atrocious :lol: 

Not that it is saying much. But I thought he was comfortably our best player going forward. 

He's not looked his best at the moment....but players can have dips in form....the lad is still quality....we need to stay with him and get behind him...he needs to feel the love more now than he did when he was smashing it....hwtl.

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

He was sensational last season up to the World Cup, where he was playing as the six, so no, it isn't stupid to compare now with his 2022 form. 

That’s fair, but I was specifically making the point on his goal scoring form as an 8 vs 6 and not his form in general. He is far less likely to be scoring goals from the 6 position, a few people don’t seem to understand that.

Edited by Nine

Someone on here mention the other week that he was the new target for boo boys to scapegoat and the lad got shut down for it. You can actually see it starting on twitter the same way it did with ASM. Weird narratives are already starting [emoji38]