Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Love Bruno but he does try to force the play too often sometimes. Needs to learn to keep it simple and pick his moments. 30 yard, outside of the boot through balls look mint when they come off, but in general they're about as effective as Shelvey's hollywood passes used to be, especially when Isak is stranded. 

Feel like this is something he's introduced to his game far more regularly this season, maybe it's due to a lack of moment around him I guess. 

He made some poor choices tonight but at one point, late on, he received a pass from a throw-in and no-look volleyed it almost completely behind him to Miley's feet in the centre circle. He's hilariously good, but a bit of an off-night, granted. 

Like everyone else, he suddenly looked a lot better after our second goal. Despite struggling today, I still feel he's the one midfielder we have who has the technique to be press resistant. But he needs players of the same calibre around him, otherwise his lack of pace will get targetted if he tries to do too much himself.

2 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

I love Bruno to bits, but the Mirror reporting that PSG are preparing to buy him off us in the summer for £100m would be too good to turn down I think.

That’s “reshape the squad” money at a time we need to do it. 

New CM, RCB, LB, RW and CF. Any money from Lascelles, Miggy, Wilson will also help the pot plus clearing Ritchie, Dummett etc will mean real change.

19 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Looking back to where we were when he joined, it's fucking mental that he chose us. :lol:

It truly was. I'd say Trippier was even more crazy. With a younger player like Bruno coming from Lyon, atleast you could make the argument that he could be using us as a stepping stone if we don't progress as fast as we did. He also came after all the other signings. Trippier literally chose us before we had signed anyone, at the peak of his carreer, and coming from a club like Atletico.:lol: Everyone assumed it was because of wages, but turned out that he wasn't even going to be paid that much.

Edited by Erikse

24 minutes ago, Conjo said:

no "so far" at the end of his tweet. Worrying.

Only reason he knows it's been two years is because he's counting down the days until his contract expires so he can leave us on a free.

Edited by wormy

56 minutes ago, Erikse said:

It truly was. I'd say Trippier was even more crazy. With a younger player like Bruno coming from Lyon, atleast you could make the argument that he could be using us as a stepping stone if we don't progress as fast as we did. He also came after all the other signings. Trippier literally chose us before we had signed anyone, at the peak of his carreer, and coming from a club like Atletico.:lol: Everyone assumed it was because of wages, but turned out that he wasn't even going to be paid that much.

those other signings included Wood and Burn.

on paper tit makes him even crazier for joining after those signings!

(actually was Burn a 31st signing?)

6 minutes ago, Paully said:

Howling at his comment on big Joe’s birthday post for his bairn!

“Happy birthday little bastard” ha ha 

:doh:    :lol: