Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Guest reefatoon

Don’t think you can have him and Shelvey in there mind, they seemed to want to be in the same place. He will eventually replace Shelvey in that role and will be outstanding.

1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Can see his through balls being a delight on the counter with ASM running on.

Not sure how he and Shelvey will work together based on today, though.

Was thinking that. Bruno definitely wanted to sit back to offer an option and dictate play.

Just now, reefatoon said:

Don’t think you can have him and Shelvey in there mind, they seemed to want to be in the same place. He will eventually replace Shelvey in that role and will be outstanding.

That's what I meant re: the above. They were essentially stood slap bang next to one another a couple of times. Feels like Shelvey's due an injury soon enough so hopefully he'll slot in and make the place his own.

3 minutes ago, hakka said:

Love how Bruno demands the ball and directs players ahead of him. I also love how if he can he will immediately slip a ball forward with laser precision to create chances. Going to be some player for us.

It's what good players do. We haven't seen that here in years.

3 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Yeah that was my take away from this as well. They both seem to operate in the same area of the pitch. Those who think he's going to replace Willock are way off the mark based on that 30 mins.

Looks good but I think him and Shelvey were on each others toes a little. He clearly dictates the rhythm of the team, but more so through a far more diverse set of passing and movement than Jonjo. 

Clearly a very smart player and was far more vocal with his demand for the ball. Excited to see more when he's can run the show.

Edited by Oregon_Geordie

49 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I missed most of the second half so didn’t see him play. Where did play when he came off and how did Howe change it as he came on for Murphy? 

he seemed to sit bang in the middle , neat and tidy , never lost it .looked cool

50 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I missed most of the second half so didn’t see him play. Where did play when he came off and how did Howe change it as he came on for Murphy? 

Played alongside Shelvey in the middle and Joelinton went a but further forward on the wing

Then Lascelles came on for Willock and we went 5 at the back