Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

I was watching that Loaded Mag channel last night and the conversation around Bruno was a bit odd like. On one hand they were saying he goes in their all time NUFC XI, which is a hell of a shout on its own, but imo crazy because the suggestion was that he goes in instead of Beardsley rather than Lee (who wasn't mentioned at all) but then on the other hand they were then posing the question 'is Bruno better than Yohan Cabaye was?' :lol: - None of it made any sense. 

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I was watching that Loaded Mag channel last night and the conversation around Bruno was a bit odd like. On one hand they were saying he goes in their all time NUFC XI, which is a hell of a shout on its own, but imo crazy because the suggestion was that he goes in instead of Beardsley rather than Lee (who wasn't mentioned at all) but then on the other hand they were then posing the question 'is Bruno better than Yohan Cabaye was?' :lol: - None of it made any sense. 

I had ST's during the KK reign and SBR reign. I watched Rob Lee etc home and away.

Bruno is, imho, better than Lee and is firmly on track to be our best ever midfielder.

As for the Cabaye comparison, forget it. He's already wayyyyy beyond cabaye levels.

1 minute ago, Minhosa said:

I had ST's during the KK reign and SBR reign. I watched Rob Lee etc home and away.

Bruno is, imho, better than Lee and is firmly on track to be our best ever midfielder.

As for the Cabaye comparison, forget it. He's already wayyyyy beyond cabaye levels.

Lee has the longevity and big moments that Bruno doesn't have yet. Give him another couple of years and I'll agree. Bruno is without question the best midfielder we've had since him though. Having him over Beardsley is not only a step too far but the wrong position anyway. 

Agree on Cabaye, it's not even a debate. 

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Lee has the longevity and big moments that Bruno doesn't have yet. Give him another couple of years and I'll agree. Bruno is without question the best midfielder we've had since him though. Having him over Beardsley is not only a step too far but the wrong position anyway. 

Agree on Cabaye, it's not even a debate. 

I don't think Beardsley is in the debate tbh (incidentally, my favourite all time NUFC player, a long long way ahead of Shearer) but Bruno has already shown he's a better all round player than Bobby Lee for me. I don't need two more years to reach that conclusion.

His potential is scary too given his age.

Zero doubt he's a player who could/should be playing for one of the top 3/4/5 clubs in the world and he's a seismic step up from anything else in our squad including the other current internationals.

1 minute ago, Minhosa said:

I don't think Beardsley is in the debate tbh (incidentally, my favourite all time NUFC player, a long long way ahead of Shearer) but Bruno has already shown he's a better all round player than Bobby Lee for me. I don't need two more years to reach that conclusion.

His potential is scary too given his age.

Zero doubt he's a player who could/should be playing for one of the top 3/4/5 clubs in the world and he's a seismic step up from anything else in our squad including the other current internationals.

Same for me with Beardsley. 

Agree to disagree on Lee probably. I'm a huge Rob Lee fan, so it might be bias, but Rob Lee at the start of 94/95 plus his longevity is still the benchmark for me. Bruno will still almost certainly surpass it for me though. 

44 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

:lol: what a load of absolute shite that sounds like. 

The comparison to Cabaye in particular is laughable. He was really good on his day but Bruno beats him in basically every metric. Direct free-kicks probably being the only thing YC is better at. I'd argue even Wijnaldum was more talented than Cabaye, though obviously contributed significantly less. 

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: what a load of absolute shite that sounds like. 

The comparison to Cabaye in particular is laughable. He was really good on his day but Bruno beats him in basically every metric. Direct free-kicks probably being the only thing YC is better at. I'd argue even Wijnaldum was more talented than Cabaye, though obviously contributed significantly less. 

It's often alright, I just watch it because I can't get enough of that sweet content when I'm playing FIFA or whatever. Their rating systems are mad though, you'd have to more or less deliberately kick the ball into your own net to get less than a 7. 

Cabaye's the most overrated player of the Ashley era like, without a doubt. He was good, but we'd been so starved of success in that area that someone who was competent and had a good free kick on him instantly became the best midfielder we'd had for years. You regularly see him in all time NUFC XIs, which is just batshit crazy. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Agree. I loved Cabaye but him and Hatem were beacons of light amongst 14 years of absolute shite. Although, Hatem still gets in my best NUFC squad of my time: 

Those guys must just have been fans for the last 10 years or so and don’t have the full picture 

I read that as him being asked about Real, he acknowledged they were best in the world, and that being that conversation of being linked with them is nice, but it was nothing and he has his eyes set on NUFC. 

Don't see how anyone could fault him for what he's said. I appreciate his honesty. Obviously if Real Madrid are talking to you, you're going to listen. But he has made it very clear, and it seems very genuine to me, how much he's invested in the club and the entire project, and how meaningful being here and being beloved is to him and his family. I can't see him leaving too soon but eventually, if he continues at this level, there will be a massive offer for him from Real Madrid or some such. That's just the reality of it. But I'm going to enjoy him for every second I can. He is a majestic player.

20 hours ago, pedro111 said:

What are the words to his new song?

Bruno, sneaky and mean

Spider inside my dreams, I think I love you

You make me wanna cry

You make me wanna die

I love you

I love you

I love you

I love you, Bruuuuuuno

Every night you come into my room

and pin me down

with your strong arms

you pin me down

and I try to fight you

you come inside me

you fill me up…

7 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Bruno, sneaky and mean

You make me wanna cry

You make me wanna die

I love you

I love you

I love you

I love you, Bruuuuuuno

and pin me down

with your strong arms

you pin me down

and I try to fight you

you come inside me

you fill me up…

Fucking hell... :jones:

3 hours ago, Minhosa said:

Imagine cabaye in this team under howe... him and Bruno ?

Guest reefatoon
19 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Bruno, sneaky and mean

You make me wanna cry

You make me wanna die

I love you

I love you

I love you

I love you, Bruuuuuuno

and pin me down

with your strong arms

you pin me down

and I try to fight you

you come inside me

you fill me up…

giphy.gif

22 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Bruno, sneaky and mean

You make me wanna cry

You make me wanna die

I love you

I love you

I love you

I love you, Bruuuuuuno

and pin me down

with your strong arms

you pin me down

and I try to fight you

you come inside me

you fill me up…

Bloody hell someone get their fatha off the computer, man.

36 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Bruno, sneaky and mean

You make me wanna cry

You make me wanna die

I love you

I love you

I love you

I love you, Bruuuuuuno

and pin me down

with your strong arms