Dan Burn

Rich

Good for FFP and amortisation, these new contracts:

Contract extensions

Amortisation is the registration fee spread over the contract period, so if you extend the contract you reduce the annual cost.

Example: Sign a player for £20m on 1 January 2019 on a four year contract. At the end of 2019 give him a two year contract extension.

Amortisation charge in 2019 = £5m (£20m/4)

Amortisation charge 2020 onwards £3m ((20-5m)/(3+2))

This reduces FFP losses by £2m a year.

Therefore by extending a contract a club can reduce costs in a single year.

https://priceoffootball.com/football-transfers-and-creative-accounting-protect-me-from-what-i-want/

55 minutes ago, wormy said:

You have to wonder why we bought Lewis Hall at all tbh.

Not really, it was always about having a young kid with big future potential. That said, it's true it doesn't seem like he's had a rip-roaring start to his time here.

Can't argue with this extension, Burn seems to only be getting better with age. He's got his limitations but taking the whole package into account he's not that easy to replace.

The photos of this were released a month or so back I think so I’m not sure what the delay in announcing was.

Happy for him even if I do think it is a position we need to upgrade, it is a squad game and he deserves his place in the squad.

I also think he has a legitimate claim to a spot in the England squad at left back and it is a failure on Southgate’s part for not calling him up.

14 minutes ago, 80 said:

Not really, it was always about having a young kid with big future potential. That said, it's true it doesn't seem like he's had a rip-roaring start to his time here.

Can't argue with this extension, Burn seems to only be getting better with age. He's got his limitations but taking the whole package into account he's not that easy to replace.

I'm just calling it as I see it mate

3 minutes ago, wormy said:

Maldini was winning his first Serie A by then tbh. 

I can agree we needed someone here and now for the LB, but hes been brought in for backup and the future.

Edited by nufc123

4 hours ago, SiLvOR said:

Damn no new LB until 2025

4 hours ago, wormy said:

You have to wonder why we bought Lewis Hall at all tbh.

Patter like this, but about Targett, forced me to say "dumb cunts" resulting in a 7 day ban. 

Luckily I've learned my lesson so appreciate everyone's opinion now. 

54 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

I can agree we needed someone here and now for the LB, but hes been brought in for backup and the future.

I'm not even sure he's been brought in solely as a left back. Looking at the recent business we've been getting platers who are very flexible. Look at Man City with Stones basically becoming a midfielder of sorts, Ake at full back at times etc. I think that's where we're heading.