Dan Burn

Rich

Was getting really frustrated with him in the first half, but he did a lot better in the second. No matter how much he winds me up though, always love him really 

Had a few shaky moments in the first half - mainly some stray passes during a wild 2-3 minute period.
Tbf he hardly got any protection from AG10 either. Gets his head on everything (not particularly accurate mind) and lovely to see him get a goal.

6 hours ago, gbandit said:

His aerial defensive work is pretty unrivalled in the league. Who gets their head to more clearances than him?

He is so important on set pieces at both ends, aye. 

He seems to get skinned a lot of the time. But not actually fully beaten. As he often gets back and gets his long legs in the way to stop the cross. 

He seems such a decent bloke and has been a great buy for the most part. But his lack of ability on the ball out from the back and anything meaningful from open attacking play is getting really frustrating and hinders us as a team. Not his fault, mind. Not his game at all. Plus that’s not to say the trade off from other areas of his game would result in a net positive. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

4th possibly, of course Shola twatting Ameobi would make that list just on longevity.

Edit:

Apparently there's a canny few. :lol:

Longstaff, Speed, Joelinton & Almiron.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Without checking, is he only the 3rd player for us (after Shearer & Isak) to score for us in the PL, CL, League Cup & FA Cup?

Longstaff? 

Southampton x2 League Cup 

PSG in the CL 

Fulham FA Cup

Various PL goals

Best half of football he’s played for us for a long time. 👏🏻
Hopefully we see more of the Livra sub with Burn moved inside on 70 mins, to see games out more consistently. Felt like a lightbulb moment in the season. 

Some of those tackles and interceptions in the first half particularly. I don't know why but always panic when they try and play out the back through him but he always seems to prove me wrong. Still would prefer Tino but proves at times in certain games he deserves to be starting. 

Just now, Amir_9 said:

Honestly donkey level performance today

Doesn't even matter. Expect him to start next game.

Edited by Erikse

It's annoying.

Local lad. Great in the dressing room. Can play a few positions.

But he's gonna be turned into a player that a huge section of the fanbase despises because the manager insists on him being first choice LB despite us having two young actual full backs on the bench that we've spent 70 million quid on.

He should be a backup CB and an emergency LB, him starting ahead of Livramento given how good Tino has looked all season is laughable.

Should not start again unless there's an injury crisis in defence.

Too easily exposed by anyone with any pace. If I was an opposition manager, I'd just stick my fastest player against him and tell them to run around him. Not past him, because he can stick a leg out, but just run around him because he's got zero acceleration.

3 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Eddie must see something in training that makes him continue to pick him to start every game. 

He's usually solid and offers us a massive presence in the air, important especially for preventing the opposition from lumping forward down the wings on the break?

People have been praying for a week like this for ages from him, he's been shite and should have been taken off in the first half.

Edited by Hanshithispantz