Matt Targett

SUPERTOON

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The transfer market is really odd like. Fees going up and up yet you can get a very capable PL fullback, proven to be good, for £15m.

Maybe Mike Ashley had a point ;)

Yeah, a decimal point one place too far to the left on every bid.

13 minutes ago, BergenMagpie said:

Would be a great signing for that price. Reminds be a bit of Enrique.

Checked the Villa forum to see their reactions, but got stuck in their NUFC thread. They absolutely hate us [emoji38] 

They are a weird bunch - never had an axe to grind with them yet they despise us for some reason which is beyond me

28 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The transfer market is really odd like. Fees going up and up yet you can get a very capable PL fullback, proven to be good, for £15m.

Maybe Mike Ashley had a point ;)

Villa set the bar by how much they paid for what they think is a significant replacement. There was no way they could justify to any club that Targett was then worth more than what they paid for Digne. Fee was always going to be around £15m once they did that deal.

47 minutes ago, BergenMagpie said:

Would be a great signing for that price. Reminds be a bit of Enrique.

Checked the Villa forum to see their reactions, but got stuck in their NUFC thread. They absolutely hate us [emoji38] 

Everyone does. It's great.

I think it's a fair fee tbh, he's a great defender, but he's not going to give you the attacking options of a Kieron Trippier type of full back. More than happy to have him here though, he's solid as a rock, and he's tidy enough going forward as well.

This is fantastic news. Loved him playing for us so far. He's been super solid defensively, and very handy on the overlap. Seems an lovely chap too.

Spoiler

Happy.gif

Edited by hakka

2 hours ago, TRon said:

I think it's a fair fee tbh, he's a great defender, but he's not going to give you the attacking options of a Kieron Trippier type of full back. More than happy to have him here though, he's solid as a rock, and he's tidy enough going forward as well.

I think he’s actually a bit underrated going forward as you say obviously no Trippier but he has shown himself to be effective enough, very very solid defensively and as consistent as you like so far at PL level? I was expecting him to be £20-25m.