Matt Targett

SUPERTOON

... and that kids is why we wear shin pads. No idea how he didn't break his leg in that horrific tackle yesterday. He is Mr Consistent. I think it has worked out well that we got Targett instead of Digne. Gives us time in the summer to weigh out the options, which we didn't have in the January transfer window.

Edited by CPL

Just now, CPL said:

... and that kids is why we wear shin pads. No idea how he didn't break his leg in that horrific tackle yesterday. He is Mr Consistent. I think it has worked out well that we got Targett instead of Digne.

Yeah, maybe. 

I think we've benefited from him being more defensively minded than Digne.  But maybe we would've been better off with Digne's passing in the final third cos we really do lack in that area.

Fwiw, maybe we sign him as as short to medium term option before going for a European level option in 3 or 4 years.  Would be good to have a position locked down with a domestic player.

I’d be very very happy if we sign him. Solid as fuck. Decent going forward too. He’s the type of player that a team needs to do well over a whole season. Great mentality and a winner that will give you consistency. Happily have him as our 1st choice next season.

Edited by Ikon

Just now, duo said:

So pleased he wasn't injured in that challenge - looked nasty.

I'm usually not one to shy away from watching a bad tackle, but I'm really uncomfortable watching replays of this one.  Brentford manager acting like it was nothing ffs :lol: 

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

I’d be very very happy if we sign him. Solid as fuck. Decent going forward too. He’s the type of player that a team needs to do well over a whole season. Great mentality and a winner that will give you consistency. Happily have him as our 1st choice next season.

Brilliant mentality - you can tell he's 110% a professional.

Said last week that I thought he looked pretty one note going forward, with him floating everything into the box, but last night was a different story. He mixed it up a bit and even had a few cracks at goal. Howe obviously saw something in him that others hadn't.

I'd definitely sign him permanently.

19 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

If where going to be playing with a back 4 moving forward Targett is ideal. Having a full back who can actually defend is becoming rare in the modern game. Would have him any day over someone like Digne.

It’s even more important when ASM is in front of him. No surprise for me ASM best game this season was home to Everton when Targett was behind him.