Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

The thing is, I totally agree that each set of fans knows way more about their own players and manager than anyone else looking in and should be trusted but then I look on Twitter and a good number of NUFC fans talk about how Pardew should be remembered as a good manager here. If you compare that to here where everyone accepts he was a disgrace then it makes it a difficult argument about which fans you can trust

Guest HTT II
Just now, STM said:

I think the key is to take fans opinion into account on players.

We've been wrong quite a few times. Sissoko and Wijnaldum were both given really bad reviews by us, but Wijnaldum in particular just needed the correct coaching.

Milner was labelled as shite, wrongly. Scott Parker was seen as shite but was actually being played wrong. And so on and so on.

I constantly now check myself or used to when it comes to our own players due to how shite we’ve been and how shite the coaching has been. Just look at Joelinton who IIRC  I labelled the worst striker we’ve ever had, now he’s become a top player for us, albeit in a different position. 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

The thing is, I totally agree that each set of fans knows way more about their own players and manager than anyone else looking in and should be trusted but then I look on Twitter and a good number of NUFC fans talk about how Pardew should be remembered as a good manager here. If you compare that to here where everyone accepts he was a disgrace then it makes it a difficult argument about which fans you can trust

Yeah but Pardew provided one season of excitement and some great moments, which some fans choose to remember. If you did a vote, I'd wager 60/70% of fans thought he was shite. Which would be about right.

Thing is with Pardew though, just go and get the opinion of all the clubs he's managed. That will clear things up nicely.

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

People often just look at the stats like finishing 5th means good or Bruce equaling Rafa points/position/safety  wise means just as good. That’s what’s so good about this place as people analyse stuff in depth and sometimes too deeply, but it’s needed for clarity and true reflection. I remember getting hammered off my mate’s when we finished 5th under Pardew for saying we often played poorly, that we lucked it and relied on the purples more than any football acumen from Pardew. 

Guest neesy111

Some people thought we were excellent for most of the 5th season, I remember us nicking so many wins and hanging for dear life in many.  Semantics.

Edited by neesy111

It would have helped Pardews legacy massively if he wasn't such a cunt. Roeder steered us to 7th and is subsequently viewed in higher regard because Roeder was a cracking fella. Ultimately both were shite managers.

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Some people thought we were excellent for most of the 5th season, I remember us nicking so many wins and hanging for dear life in many.  Semantics.

Swansea away sticks out.

We were awful but Papiss nicked it. :lol: It was sublime shithousery.

At least Roeder knew who he was, he was just a guy who'd gotten lucky in football but as you say, he was a really decent bloke on top of that. Pardew was a cunt with no ability and thought he was an excellent manager

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

At least Roeder knew who he was, he was just a guy who'd gotten lucky in football but as you say, he was a really decent bloke on top of that. Pardew was a cunt with no ability and thought he was an excellent manager

He was a good player wasnt he?

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

The 0-2 game? 

Aye, I may have mis remembered.

There was definitely one game where we were awful.

Cisses chip in that game though. :smitten:

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Aye, I may have mis remembered.

There was definitely one game where we were awful.

Cisses chip in that game though. :smitten:

I think that is the match you mean; https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/507052/Live/England-Premier-League-2011-2012-Swansea-Newcastle

The stats were outrageous but I recall they didn't threaten us at all. Was peak Rodgers/Swansea empty possession.

Similarly though on the shithousery I can't deny that Simpson and Raylor using Stoke's towels before every throw in that (I think) same season filled me with immense glee. :lol:

8 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

:happy1:

Good. It won’t change any league standing but EFC shouldn’t be allowed to get away with their financial irresponsibilities (especially when we are supposedly under so much scrutiny). 

PL will find them guilty and say that it would be wrong to punish the fans via point deduction. That’s how it historically works when a smaller team has a grievance with a larger team breaching rules 

4 hours ago, Likelylad said:

I said something pretty similar on Twitter and got some Scouse tosser saying if that’s the case all Geordies are the same due to Roaul Moat shooting a copper in the face.

I mean his point. However misguided, would have a slight bit more credence if Everton fans hadn’t racially abused Brentford player’s families last week and have a reputation of trying to assault away fans on the regular.

Went to Everton away years ago and can honestly say it isn't just one bad apple. From the moment we got off the coach they were awful, starting fights and bother in the pubs before hand for no reason what so ever and then same the craic in the ground till we got back on the coach. One ground I won't ever visit again.

Just now, The Butcher said:

Just seen the Lowton red card[emoji38] The game is so different to the one I fell in love with. 

Horrible thing is I called it straight away. Ever since that Hayden one a couple of years ago at Leicester I've realised the games gone

17 hours ago, STM said:

I think the key is to take fans opinion into account on players.

We've been wrong quite a few times. Sissoko and Wijnaldum were both given really bad reviews by us, but Wijnaldum in particular just needed the correct coaching.

Milner was labelled as shite, wrongly. Scott Parker was seen as shite but was actually being played wrong. And so on and so on.

All 3 were clearly talented players being utilised wrong. All 3 should have been CMs but played different roles for us.  

It’s rare fans are wrong about a striker or a CB