Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Mad spin from some pundit on 5 Live. Everton shown much more than before Lampard arrived, he’s really got them going, enough positives to show they’ll win another game. Couldn’t quite believe my ears. 

He is right though. Speaking to Everton fans, they are a lot happier with how they’ve been playing since Lampard came in and feel he’s helped transform the team morale. Rafa before was a disaster and Lampard had to pick up a mess, so the transformation won’t come without struggles. 

12 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

He is right though. Speaking to Everton fans, they are a lot happier with how they’ve been playing since Lampard came in and feel he’s helped transform the team morale. Rafa before was a disaster and Lampard had to pick up a mess, so the transformation won’t come without struggles. 

I thought it was more that they’d just picked up a couple of wins. They still look all over the shop to me. 

I’m very biased though because I hate Lampard. 

At the absolute best, Lampard has been unimpressive. Regardless of his predecessor, he had near enough half a season to get them away from a relegation scrap that they weren't even that close to when he arrived (six points clear of 18th, a gap which obviously reduced). His decisions on transfer deadline day were both total failures and they've lost more than half of their games with him. They were 16th when he arrived, they'd be 16th if the season started when he arrived, and they're 16th as it stands. 

See nowt to be particularly optimistic about if you're an Everton fan tbh. Can only foresee them wasting a yet another shitload of cash, if they've even got it to spend. 

Cagliari vs Inter about to start on BT Sport. Milan champions if Inter don't win, and Cagliari will get out of the relegation zone heading into the final day if they can win, so a lot on the line.

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I thought it was more that they’d just picked up a couple of wins. They still look all over the shop to me. 

I’m very biased though because I hate Lampard. 

They have a long way to go but those comments seem reasonable though. Even if they are still pretty crap, there seems to be a lot more fight and positivity around than the time before Rafa was sacked. 

Not really sure why people dislike Lampard anyway but each to their own. 

If they're still going after the likes of Dele Alli & Van De Beek I completely agree. They should target players who are greatful to play for them, instead they're hell-bent on keeping up appearances by signing the more reputable players who don't really give a shit about them.

12 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

They have a long way to go but those comments seem reasonable though. Even if they are still pretty crap, there seems to be a lot more fight and positivity around than the time before Rafa was sacked. 

A team fighting relegation “showing some fight” shocker.

A few posts up @Yorkiehas summarised clearly why Lampard has been indifferent at best.

He failed to get Derby promoted with Mount in the team, he failed at Chelsea (who immediately picked up after him and won the CL) and his Everton team are still tactically all over the shop and in a relegation battle. He also has Pardew lips. Every thing that comes out of his mouth is a PFM cliche and he’s a Tory tosser. 

Not sure what there is to like about him, tbh.

9 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

A team fighting relegation “showing some fight” shocker.

A few posts up @Yorkiehas summarised clearly why Lampard has been indifferent at best.

He failed to get Derby promoted with Mount in the team, he failed at Chelsea (who immediately picked up after him and won the CL) and his Everton team are still tactically all over the shop and in a relegation battle. He also has Pardew lips. Every thing that comes out of his mouth is a PFM cliche and he’s a Tory tosser. 

Not sure what there is to like about him, tbh.

I’m going by what Everton fans have said to me, albeit a limited sample. They follow their team more than us and we get criticised for our opinions on our managers. I wasn’t pretending he has done a brilliant job as a manager, but the comments from that journalist seem pretty reasonable. 

PFM is a silly term and I don’t really care who a manager voted for. Lots of people vote Tory as you know. I don’t agree with them but they certainly aren’t all tossers. Though I realise anything remotely in defence of them is prohibited here and makes me one too so I’ll shut up. 

4 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

I’m going by what Everton fans have said to me, albeit a limited sample. They follow their team more than us and we get criticised for our opinions on our managers. I wasn’t pretending he has done a brilliant job as a manager, but the comments from that journalist seem pretty reasonable. 

PFM is a silly term and I don’t really care who a manager voted for. Lots of people vote Tory as you know. I don’t agree with them but they certainly aren’t all tossers. Though I realise anything remotely in defence of them is prohibited here and makes me one too so I’ll shut up. 

Everton fans are bound to be okay with him, they literally hounded out the previous bloke before he signed on the dotted line.

Lampard was pretty much appointed by the fans.

16431933755565.jpg

Edited by Fantail Breeze

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Everton fans are bound to be okay with him, they literally hounded out the previous bloke before he signed on the dotted line.

Lampard was pretty much appointed by the fans.

16431933755565.jpg

Well my mate I spoke too yesterday said he didn’t expect Lampard to do well initially, but thinks survival is good enough and he expects better from him next year, with a fresh start and new players. 

Some fans of course treated Rafa terribly from the start. Most of them hated him in the end because he was terrible. 

1 minute ago, St. Maximin said:

Well my mate I spoke too yesterday said he didn’t expect Lampard to do well initially, but thinks survival is good enough and he expects better from him next year, with a fresh start and new players. 

Some fans of course treated Rafa terribly from the start. Most of them hated him in the end because he was terrible. 

Can they buy new players?

1 hour ago, St. Maximin said:

I don't think people dislike Lampard as a person. I personally liked and respected him as a player. I feel that people are criticizing what he represents.