Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

8 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

He confirmed as much in his interview. Intends to be there next season. :lol:

He 100% didn't want to start this season with us. It's why we were so shite. Toxic atmosphere from a manager wanting put but sitting on his contract waiting to be paid off. 

Things have unfolded far quicker at wba but the story is the same. 

Man Utd 17/2 at some places (Unibet being the most familiar bookie). Obviously there's clear daylight between the sides, a couple missing for Man Utd, and Liverpool are at home so it's kind of understandable, but at the same time, who would have thought Man Utd would ever be those sort of odds to win a Premier League match. Crazy.

Must be weird for you mate. Caught between Liverpool and Man City going for the title.  Things really do come right around.

Its like that time we murdered Blackburn when they were going for the title, was better for us if Blackburn beat us and win the league and Man U win the cup (go into the CWC) and we'd be in Europe........if you times its by a million

Edited by Wolfcastle

7 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Its like that time we murdered Blackburn when they were going for the title, was better for us if Blackburn beat us and win the league and Man U win the cup (go into the CWC) and we'd be in Europe........if you times its by a million

When was this? I'm looking at past seasons but can't see one that would reflect what you're saying.

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

94/95. 6th would have been enough if Blackburn were in the CL and Man U in the CWC.

I thought you would have meant that season as that is on we missed out on, but we drew with Blackburn at SJP in October, and lost to them at EP in May:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994–95_Newcastle_United_F.C._season

That was pretty much my first season getting into football as I can only remember bits and pieces of the 3rd place season the year before, and remember watching the Man Utd vs Everton FA Cup final, and we would have got into Europe had MU won, but Rideout's goal sealed it for Everton.