Newcastle United 3 - 1 Everton (08/02/2022)

Disco

Notes:

They shit themselves when pressed.

We've actually defender really well

Unlucky with O.G

Why does Joelinton always slip? Really weird

Game is set for Bruno

Fraser poor

Targett is exactly as expected, good defensively but no adventure

Everton made two subs, advantage us in the last 20

Just got a text from my Everton mate asking 'I thought people said Joelinton was a bit of a player now?' and love that I could reply 'yeah he's a CM now because when he gets in the opposition's box he does things like kicking the ball in to his own face'.

Can't even be mad at the guy anymore.

An overall lack of quality that befits teams in the bottom 5, but not too bad. We reacted well to going behind and scored the training ground set piece goal that has looked likely for some games now.

Targett looking good so far. No linkup between Wood and ASM or Fraser continuing to be a problem. Lots of good pressing up the pitch and has forced them into making the most errors. We've also had the best of the few chances, and like Leeds at HT last time, this game looks like its there to be won.

Just now, ManDoon said:

It’s about as easy a header as you’re likely to get at PL level. Not a man within ten yards of him. Crazy miss 

Absolutely zero pace on the ball though. Hard to generate power from that. I don’t think it’s as shocking as people are making out. 

Just now, wormy said:

Just got a text from my Everton mate asking 'I thought people said Joelinton was a bit of a player now?' and love that I could reply 'yeah he's a CM now because when he gets in the opposition's box he does things like kicking the ball in to his own face'.

Can't even be mad at the guy anymore.

There’s a reason I don’t think he’s one for our future. As much as some people hate to admit it, but our £40m shite striker has had a few decent games in midfield. We’ll replace him in the next year I reckon.

Missed chance aside, this is the poorest I've seen Joe in a while. But the whole performance is just very slapdash, there's no real cohesion anywhere. Off the ball we've been okay but it's all very ARGH WHAT DO WE DO when in possession. 

2 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Also really, really want Wood to make a contribution has he seems a nice lad and I like the novelty of having a Kiwi playing for us. That header was fucking diabolical though.

Aside from his ability or lack of, can he handle the pressure of playing in front of such a crowd as ours? Players like Rondon and Wilson have been able to relish it, but I'm not sure he's that type of character from the look of him so far. Big difference playing for us compared to a Burnley.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Fraser is absolutely shit, give Almiron or Murphy a go over him.

I don't understand why Howe hasn't got him sniffing around Wood more. I mean with ASM it's pointless, he's playing his own game, fuck anyone else, but all  Fraser has to do is get closer to Wood. He's doing fuck all else.