West Ham United 1 - 1 Newcastle United (19/02/2022)

Yorkie

Just now, KaKa said:

Please tell me we have an option for Targett?! Very surprised at his level of play. Had no idea he was this good.

Pretty sure it was made clear at the time that there was no option to buy. He's very good but I think we'll be looking elsewhere. He's not Brazilian for a start!

Just now, KaKa said:

Please tell me we have an option for Targett?! Very surprised at his level of play. Had no idea he was this good.

He's not as attacking as Digne but I think he's a far better defender. 

1 minute ago, xLiaaamx said:

Shelvey is struggling big time imo. Not sure if he's just ran out of steam or if the armband is getting in his head but he's been back to normal today. 

What?! Guy has been making plays defensively and getting on the ball and playing good forward passes. 

What on Earth are you even watching?!

Thought Targett and Murphy where linking really well that half, Murphy has been our best attacking option, Wood and Fraser have grafting well, and our midfield has been decent (I'd swap Shelvey for Bruno mind), Schar and Burn have decent and calm partnership, and Krafth has been utter shite.

More then deserved being level.

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Outside of Man City and Liverpool, the league is really piss poor IMO. 

If the likes of West Ham, Spurs, Leicester and Arsenal can challenge for Europe, then I agree, I think us and Villa will show the most desire to move some of these so called top 6 aside

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Same here. What a pickup by Howe. He’s been brilliant so far. Need him signed up, based on his two games with us. 

Bruno for Shelvey seems an obvious like for like change at some point. 

Don't think Shelvey has been quite as poor as some have made out. Made a few useful passes forward. Not been amazing or anything, but not the liability he can be at times. 

I think Bruno for Shelvey is probably the right substitution after about 15-20 minutes in the 2nd. I have been amazed at how easy we have had it when getting the ball down in the midfield and passing through them. Bruno should be able to add some ability to play a forward pass and carry the ball 

Edited by andyc35i

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

What?! Guy has been making plays defensively and getting on the ball and playing good forward passes. 

What on Earth are you even watching?!

As always, the truth is somewhere in between. Think he has been too deep and back to his old ponderous self today. Not shite or anything and still working hard. Just basically offering nothing other than the short lay off to the CB or the odd sideways pass to Krafth. We don’t seem to get much going through the middle, other than second balls and Willock driving from deep. Not all on Shlevey, though. 

4 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Never thought I’d say it. But feel like we may as well chuck Murphy there. Krafth is second to everything and the foul and the way he got squared up and gave the foul away was just brainless. Now on a daft yellow, against a team that love to

play it down the flanks. 

Did well driving forward for the cross

before the goal, mind 

The issue with that is Murphy is playing well where he is 

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

Willocks had a very strong first half, lately hes been stronger in the 2nd. That goal should have playing out of his skin for 90 mins today.

He fucked up early on, but he's settling into the game earlier every time. can't drop him for Bruno.