Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

West brom fans deserve this and deserve him for a while longer. They got what they wanted. They defended him and ignored (even mocked) those with experience of him trying to inform them. 

I am always a bit conflicted when it comes to WBA. Naturally, I enjoy them losing, and hope they continue to do so, but at the same time, despite losing their manager, I can see Sunderland finishing in the top 6, and if they make the playoffs, and have a bit of momentum behind them, then who knows, and I'd ideally want them to have a few more years in that league while we continue to develop.

If you look at the live table, then you'd probably expect the current early days top 4 to be in and around the top 6 come the end of the season, the 3 relegated sides and a fairly 'big' team in Sheff Utd who made the playoffs last year, but after that, there's not many other obvious candidates at all, you would have perhaps thought Boro and WBA could / would be up there, despite the latter's obvious handicap, but those sides have only won 2 of their 14 league games between them. I can't see WBA sacking Bruce anytime soon - that would be the ideal scenario, them getting rid and then massively pushing on, but it'll likely just be a win, draw, loss here and there until after the World Cup, in which case it'll probably be too late for a potential new manger to make a promotion push.

It didn't help last year with Leeds pipping Burnley on the last day, and Forest beating Hudds in the playoff final because the latter were always more likely to struggle this season, similarly with Luton, but it's crazy how average that league looks despite being described as one of the most competitive leagues in the world with so many sides having marrachute payments, and there definitely is a chance for Sunderland to make a bit of a push. They've largely been decent in the many Sky matches they have been on - unlucky vs Norwich, probably should have won, did OK with 10 men vs Sheff U, and got 11 points from the other 5 games.