Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

"Individual error is something you can't fix. The concentration from our defence at times was awful, I'll grant you that. The goals we've given away is something you've seen on a schoolboy pitch with 11 year olds, it was that bad."

Not his fault and nothing he can be expected to do about it. Standard.

8 hours ago, RS said:

"I still can't believe we had the chance to let him go for free and did not exercise it." 

Hang on, they had a fucking break clause and they didn't use it! :lol:

Bruce must spend all his time perfecting hypnotism or something, Jesus Christ. 

Thought this too under Ashley. Bruce had a decent amount to spend despite the owner. Someone like Howe, Potter or Arteta wouldn't have been unrealistic after the end to Rafa's last season even with Ashley imo. Top 6 would have been beyond us, but a decent, attractive 8-10th place team wouldn't have been beyond us.

Screenshot_20220915-071323.png

Steve Bruce was left “frustrated” and “annoyed” by Albion’s performance on Wednesday night as they fell to a 3-2 defeat at home to neighbours Birmingham City.

Scott Hogan scored a hat-trick for the visitors and Bruce says his Baggies side were guilty of not “doing the basics”.

The boss said: “The disappointing thing for me is that we didn’t show up for at least an hour in a derby game.

“We simply didn’t do enough. We didn’t compete well enough, or do all the basics thet we were doing at Newcastle, that you need to do in any game of football.

“It’s deeply upsetting.

“In fairness, Blues should’ve scored inside a minute after we made a mistake. You thought that might have woken us up a little bit, but then we go and concede once again inside the opening 15 minutes.

“We were so sloppy. We have to eradicate that & ive a meeting with my assistant manager in the morning about this. 

“We didn’t play until the last 20 minutes which is something we've been working on. That’s the disappointing thing. We’ve come off second best and the way we’ve come off second best is upsetting.

“We didn’t deal with Deeney well enough. He caused us a physical problem all night.

“We’ve played really well in our last few games here at The Hawthorns, but unfortunately, as has been the case since I’ve been here, we go and throw a performance / grenade  in like that.

“It’s annoying, it’s frustrating, disappointing and I can understand the frustration of our Alex.”

Edited by RUHRLYASLEEVESUP

3 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

"Individual error is something you can't fix. The concentration from our defence at times was awful, I'll grant you that. The goals we've given away is something you've seen on a schoolboy pitch with 11 year olds, it was that bad."

Not his fault and nothing he can be expected to do about it. Standard.

Such a weird thing to say if I’ve understood right. Terrible defending, but errors can’t be fixed. 

Guess they noticeably declined by magic when Howe had been here a couple of months.