Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

Guest reefatoon

He’s such a fraud, and the longer he is around stinking up the place, the more ridiculous he makes the idiotic pundits look who put the blame on anyone and everyone else for his failings. It’s glorious now that he isn’t doing it here. Fucking hell, the abuse we received as fans for the fat mess being peddled man. 

When will the penny drop with the WBA fans? Why are they even backing this creature? Is it some sort of Stockholm Syndrome because they had no say in his appointment? Like "he may be an out-of-touch, workshy, impotent, Bacon Harkonnen on an infinite loop of losing streaks, but he's OUR out-of-touch, workshy, impotent, Bacon Harkonnen on an infinite loop of losing streaks."

To paraphrase what someone once said of Shola - that fat mess shouldn't be allowed to watch football, much less coach it.

Well Lurpaks law states there’ll be an “Injury crisis” soon. Then “hysterical fans”, followed by the “rallying of the press” in a gesture of same agent support,  then the sack. 

For Bruce-bingo:

Bruce said: “The disappointing thing is that we made a couple of mistakes. It’s the only couple we’ve made all evening to be honest.

“We didn’t look after the ball as well in the second half as we did in the first half.

“Where we were tonight compared to where we were on Saturday, it was a million miles away.

“Their attitude to put that right was pleasing for me to see, especially in the first half.

“I think it’s a trait of ours to not be able to put a complete 90-minute performance together.

“For all the good stuff in the first half, there’s clearly something to work on. We’re asking the players to be completely different to where they were before I came in, but I do see signs of change.

“I was pleased with lots of it tonight, but unfortunately we made two poor mistakes to let them in behind us which led to the goals.

“Apart from that, we’ve come to Middlesbrough and my goalkeeper hasn’t had a shot to save, but we’ve lost the game.

“I thought we were more like it in terms of the way that I want us to try and play.

“It was nice to see Dara O’Shea back for the first time in months and I also saw flashes from Grady Diangana. That was encouraging.

“We’ve got to get up and running and keep trying. We need to get a little bit of confidence from somewhere.

“There’s still a lot to play for but we need to get a win on the board as quickly as possible that’s for sure.

“We’re obviously struggling at the moment with results, but I was pleased with some aspects I saw tonight and that’s something we can build on.”

1 hour ago, RS said:

Well Lurpaks law states there’ll be an “Injury crisis” soon. Then “hysterical fans”, followed by the “rallying of the press” in a gesture of same agent support,  then the sack. 

Injury crisis down to his awful training technique and not taking players with knocks out the side.

2 hours ago, Emotic said:

When will the penny drop with the WBA fans? Why are they even backing this creature? Is it some sort of Stockholm Syndrome because they had no say in his appointment? Like "he may be an out-of-touch, workshy, impotent, Bacon Harkonnen on an infinite loop of losing streaks, but he's OUR out-of-touch, workshy, impotent, Bacon Harkonnen on an infinite loop of losing streaks."

To paraphrase what someone once said of Shola - that fat mess shouldn't be allowed to watch football, much less coach it.

It's perfect tbh, means I feel no guilt in enjoying every poor result they suffer. Keep defending him you muppets. :lol:

1 hour ago, RS said:

Already started, he said something about not having much to change with the injuries they have 

From the West Brom fourm:

Bruce has been an utter disaster. Easy to say in hindsight, but a lot of what has happened is pretty predictable.

First of all, taking a team/fanbase that is largely fed up with the negative style of football and has a fairly toxic atmosphere around the club, and then putting in a manager who was just sacked/forced out at his previous club for playing an awful style of football in an extremely toxic atmosphere was always an 'interesting' choice. Add in that Bruce himself was so scarred by his time at Newcastle that he was considering retirement just a couple of months ago, and it's not too surprising to see us start as we have under him.

Ismael had a number of faults, and whilst I wasn't as adamant as other that he had to go, I'm also not overly disappointed he did. However, whatever your thoughts on Ismael, it's pretty hard to argue that Bruce hasn't come in and managed to make us even worse than we were even at our lowest under Ismael. Ultimately Bruce took over a team that were 5th in the league and hadn't spent a day outside the top 6 all season, and within a few weeks has taken us to mid table and all but out of the running for a play off spot.

Just to be clear, this is not all Bruces fault. The players, the board and Ismael (and arguably the fans) all deserve criticism for where we are now. However, Bruce was bought in as a short term fix with just one objective which was to make the top 6. To not only (probably) fail at that, but to fail within the first few weeks is a huge underperformance.

Some can say it's harsh to judge Bruce at just 4 games and to an extent I agree. To expect someone to take a team that is badly sliding and turn them around straight away is tough. If we bought in a younger or longer term appointment, then I'd almost be willing to write off the next few months, allow the new guy the shape his squad and begin to implement his style, whilst viewing which players are and aren't up to his standards. The issue is (and this is similar to the Allardyce appointment) Bruce was bought in specifically for one short term aim, and nothing else. There is absolutely no reason or plan to have Bruce in charge past the end of this season and his one job was to make the top 6. If he's failing/failed at that then its hard to view it as anything as an utter disaster.

:sweetjesus:

Or this;

Re: Steve Bruce - Manager

4 games in and we are no better...

We are actually much worse as were conceding more and creating less chances. Any semblance of a team shape, tactical plan or clear instructions from the dug out has gone..

Or, succinctly;

Get him out of our club now. Totally clueless and past it

Eh? I thought we were stupid geordies complaining about nowt, what’s gan on here? Finding it hard to believe that Bruceball hasn’t launched these guys into the stratosphere. In all seriousness though, the only thing Bruce can offer any team is a short-term run of good results when he first comes in but he hasn’t done that here so this has genuine disaster written all

over it 

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

If the day comes where talksport have a phone in “Were the Newcastle fans right about Bruce”

More likely to get a discussion around why squads are so unprofessional in continuously let him down.