Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

On 09/04/2022 at 16:17, LionOfGosforth said:

Knocking bet to manage Norwich at some point, safe pair of hands/ex-player/huge experience of the championship etc

Let's hope it's just paper talk for their sake. I had hoped Norwich, being a traditionally decently-run club, would have more sense than to employ this utterly ruinous swine.

So if I’m right - he took Villa to lower half of the championship then got sacked, Dean smith came in and got them promoted same season I think. Now Smith has been sacked from Norwich and they’re looking at Bruce????

If there's even a hint of truth to those rumors, I almost feel like supporter & fan clubs of us, WBA & Villa at the very least should make a joint statement to Norwich fans & ownership. :lol: Ask them to donate the severance pay he'd get to a local food bank or something & save themselves the hassle of paying this leech a wage to actively take the club backwards.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

If there's even a hint of truth to those rumors, I almost feel like supporter & fan clubs of us, WBA & Villa at the very least should make a joint statement to Norwich fans & ownership. :lol: Ask them to donate the severance pay he'd get to a local food bank or something & save themselves the hassle of paying this leech a wage to actively take the club backwards.

It's this country man, we hate change so much we would rather do the same thing over and over again even if it's so shit it actually makes our lives worse, trying something new is just not what we are currently programmed to do.

On 29/12/2022 at 18:57, Manxst said:

Imagine that fat cunt stuffed and hung on your wall. Fucking hell.

better be solid brick. 

Rawl bolts or maybe even threaded rod through the wall and plate the back of it. Could bring the whole house down. 

He’s managerial morphine. Enables a team to peacefully slide to relegation without putting any demand on the owners or attracting the “wrong” type of attention from the pundits. 

Well done to Norwich for not appointing him. But for him to have even been in the conversation suggests he hadn't ruled it out.

Which would have made it only his second job after nasty Newcastle fans apparently caused him to retire forever. 

Here's the thing with lovely Brucie. I read an article in the Times by their chief sportswriter a few months back. He's a rugby writer that knows nothing about football. But still, as Bruce was imploding at West Brom and was coming up with the same meaningless soundites he's been using his whole career, the writer claimed that this was just because he had been so emotionally scarred by his time at Newcastle and his treatment by the fans that this was just a reflex response.

Rather than pure laziness and cluelessness. He's a sports writer, like many others who knows nothing and defends the indefensible in relation to Bruce. 

Here's what they never seen to consider. Bruce had a great career as a footballer and mystifyingly long and well paid one as a terrible manager. He's set for life - but they never consider the effect he has on others people's lives.

A footballer's career is short - maybe 10-12 years at best. It can be ruined entirely at a formative stage by poor management, such that someone never plays at the top level, never achieves what they could have, never lives the life they could have, or has the chance to be as secure as Brucey.

Look at Joelinton and Almiron - both could have ended up on the footballing scrapheap, two lives ruined. And that's surely the tip of the iceberg of the number of players careers he'll have wrecked.

Any single apologist for him in the press, and especially any ex player pundit who defends him is a disgrace in my eyes.

13 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Bruce was asked by the BBC about negativity and said: "I can bring you in a pile of letters I wrote to myself only yesterday.

"People wishing me good luck and all the best, telling me to keep bashing away. Not all doom and gloom but I understand their frustration totally.

This 

Edited by Groundhog63

17 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Bruce was asked by the BBC about negativity and said: "I can bring you in a pile of letters I signed only yesterday.

"People wishing me good luck and all the best, telling me to keep bashing away. Not all doom and gloom but I understand their frustration totally.

“Bashing away”.  Cunt thinks he’s prepping a baguette ffs! 

2C644F08-4BB3-4629-94BF-D4636638989A.thumb.jpeg.09ed34c2663586d1f42db4ba835318c1.jpeg

He's got to be the biggest fraud in all football, the fact he's even mentioned by any owner in relation to potentially managing their team just shows how many owners have zero clue about football and how good Bruce is as conning them in interviews. Bruce is football's Frank Abagnale.