Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

Same old shite every where he goes. 20 years of it. I don't even blame him for taking the jobs these idiot chairmen sling his way, easy money. Until they get a clue, it'll keep happening and it's the every-day match-going fans who inevitably suffer. Scandalous stuff really, endorsed by the trash media and dickhead pundits in this country.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Christ on a bike :lol:

That interview is absolute Brucey bingo as well. Players can’t handle being in the top half of the championship, we’ve played well for 30 minutes here and there. We just need to get a result. 

No Steve, you need to work out why you aren’t getting results and implement that with your players in training. 

". . . walked through the door . . .  being brutally honest . . . can't fault the effort . . ."

And his brilliantly-conceived master plan to remedy things is to "get a couple of results.'

It's such a relief not to have to hear his vacuous PFM rubbish any more.

Just now, Ben said:

Hull are 14/5 today, not in the best of form but the West Brom players will be either hungover or full of bacon, worth a couple of quid.

I've got Hull on my double. I'm absolutely shocking at betting so I apologise in advance for jinxing your dabble this afternoon. 

19 hours ago, GideonShandy said:

". . . walked through the door . . .  being brutally honest . . . can't fault the effort . . ."

And his brilliantly-conceived master plan to remedy things is to "get a couple of results.'

It's such a relief not to have to hear his vacuous PFM rubbish any more.

What does PFM mean?

On 02/03/2022 at 08:36, TRon said:

I still consider Moyes and Dyche to be PFMs tbh, but there are degrees to PFMs as well. On the one hand you will have the likes of Allardyce or Pulis, who make no apologies about their route one football, then you have Moyes who is more of a football man, but would never really go all in like Howe has done. But you know they have certain basic principles around being hard to beat, and they find an effective way of getting results (to a point).

For me there's another category of manager who don't really know what their philosophy is and they just blag it week to week. This is where your Bruces and Pardews fit in. Long ball one week, then when it goes tits up it's "right, I'm doing it my way!" Then when they get beat again, it's back to park the bus and hoof it high and long. This category is sometimes called the fraud category.

As a person who has spent a good proportion of his teenage and adult life hating Moyes's teams, I have to grudgingly admire him. I feel that categorizing him as a PFM is a bit of a disservice to him. I understand the varying degrees of PFMs. Moyes isn't Rafa or Howe like tactics obsessed but he does have a clear vision for playing and improving all aspects of the club. His methods have a ceiling but given time he is very effective at keeping clubs in that 5 to 8 range in a budget. Might be the best ever 5-8 ranked club premier league manager.  His work at Everton goes under the radar a bit nowadays due to the United job but he did some genuinely good work there in improving all aspects of the club - way beyond the range of Allardyce, Pulis, and company. Coleman, Pienaar, Jagielka, Baines,  Nigel Martyn, Lescott, Arteta, Cahill - all excellent footballers purchased on a budget.  I feel like Moyes is a category by himself. 

Edited by rgk_lfc

39 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

As a person who has spent a good proportion of his teenage and adult life hating Moyes's teams, I have to grudgingly admire him. I feel that categorizing him as a PFM is a bit of a disservice to him. I understand the varying degrees of PFMs. Moyes isn't Rafa or Howe like tactics obsessed but he does have a clear vision for playing and improving all aspects of the club. His methods have a ceiling but given time he is very effective at keeping clubs in that 5 to 8 range in a budget. Might be the best ever 5-8 ranked club premier league manager.  His work at Everton goes under the radar a bit nowadays due to the United job but he did some genuinely good work there in improving all aspects of the club - way beyond the range of Allardyce, Pulis, and company. Coleman, Pienaar, Jagielka, Baines,  Nigel Martyn, Lescott, Arteta, Cahill - all excellent footballers purchased on a budget.  I feel like Moyes is a category by himself. 

Yeah he doesn't really deserve to be lumped with those guys, and I did sort of say that albeit in a not very generous manner, but I think Moyes has a ceiling, but nothing wrong with that. It's higher than most, and he's earned respect in the game.

I'm at a happy place with Bruce as well today. While I always like to see frauds lose, when they pick up the odd win it keeps the ride going a bit longer. Brucey destruction of a club is usually a slow burn, WBA fans will be feeling vindicated today, but they actually need him in charge for at least a year so they can be educated on the nuances of media presentation of a big name manager credentials, and the reality.

Finally a win for him at the 15th time of asking this season.

Decent weekend for him with only Middlesbrough winning of those who started the weekend between 4th to 10th, and while Boro may probably be a more realistic playoff candidate, that was against Luton who started the day 2 points ahead of Boro, so WBA are now within 2 wins of 6th (although it will take more than 2 matches to get inside the POs). Nottm Forests last second equaliser against Sheff Utd last night was good news for him too.

WBA play the current top 2 in their next 2 matches, so hopefully they, or rather 'he', are on the losing trail again soon enough.

So the last time this sad sack won 3 games on the bounce in the Premier League was in 2007. Eddie inherited his absolute mess, and he has now we 3 on the bounce twice within a 7 match period.