Southampton 1 - 2 Newcastle United (10/03/2022)

Disco

This club has been utterly transformed. It's all credit to Howe, he's changed everything and for the better. The signings have improved us tenfold, this side doesn't know when they're beaten. Brighton had only lost 2 away games before coming to SJP. Southampton had only lost 1 home game in all competitions this season before playing us. Just wow.

31 points :lol: Probably only need another 4. We're 66/1 to go down on Sky Bet. Before we played Leeds away we had 12 points from 20 games. :lol:

Bruno, wow. What a player he is. So happy for Chris Wood too finally scoring. Wasn't a brilliant performance but we can grind out wins now, against good sides too. This club is fucking back, man.

1 hour ago, AJ9 said:

Getting back to back wins in the PL is so hard. Getting them against Brighton and Southampton is outstanding. Both very good sides on their day.

Brighton had only lost 2 away before our win. Southampton only 1 loss at home before tonight. Very impressive. Encouraging.

Edited by samptime29

Just now, gazza ladra said:

Proper trolling if the entire team had run to the sideline for energy drinks. Missed opportunity.

They already did that when Schar went down tbf. 

7 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

Krafth rolling back onto the pitch with cramp to waste time.  [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Proper trolling if the entire team had run to the sideline for energy drinks. Missed opportunity.

Funny enough, Sky did a feature the other week about Southampton engineering breaks in play (I think around the 70-75 minute mark) by feigning cramp and the like. I think one example they used was against us at St James' Park. 

IT did look like we used a similar tactic just to stun their momentum.

Just now, Thiago said:

Funny enough, Sky did a feature the other week about Southampton engineering breaks in play (I think around the 70-75 minute mark) by feigning cramp and the like. I think one example they used was against us at St James' Park. 

IT did look like we used a similar tactic just to stun their momentum.

Yeah, there was something in the Athletic about how it was a regular thing for them.