Chelsea vs. Newcastle United: 13/03/2022 @ 14:00 (Sky)

LRD

Just now, Danh1 said:

True.

Just hope we can come out of it with confidence intact. 

I wouldn’t be too concerned with that, we have Fraser and ASM on the bench and Willock, Shelvey and Joelinton likely back on Thursday. Plus another game for Bruno to get up to speed 

Positive spin, chance for some players (Miggy, Longstaff) to show they deserve to be here after the summer. If they've got anything about them, they'll step up. If not, no big deal. 

(Still not watching, just in case :lol:)

Makes sense to rotate things and rest players like. The win on Thursday and Burnley's defeat yesterday basically makes this a freebie. Would rather have a good crack at Everton on Thursday to put them further in the shit. 

It looks like a team set up to defend, and then hopefully get something from the bench. 

I'd like to see how Longstaff steps up to the challenge. His head doesn't seem to have been in the right place for a while, but there is a decent player in there and now's the time to show it.

1 minute ago, McDog said:

He came off very well in the pre match interview.

Yeah he's class. I hope he doesn't end up at Man U. Always had a soft spot for him since he revealed he would have been interested in the job at Newcastle even when we were a joke club under Ashley.

2 minutes ago, Cronky said:

It looks like a team set up to defend, and then hopefully get something from the bench. 

I'd like to see how Longstaff steps up to the challenge. His head doesn't seem to have been in the right place for a while, but there is a decent player in there and now's the time to show it.

This isn’t just a question for you, but when was the last game he played well? And by well, I mean he was one of our standout players and genuinely influenced the game. Cannot remember myself 

Just now, gbandit said:

This isn’t just a question for you, but when was the last game he played well? And by well, I mean he was one of our standout players and genuinely influenced the game. Cannot remember myself 

I don' think there'll be much expected from him re influencing the game today, if he can help stop Chelsea playing, it will be job done for him.