Chelsea vs. Newcastle United: 13/03/2022 @ 14:00 (Sky)

LRD

The longer we can keep things level, the more they'll get frustrated and the more the off-field turmoil will take its toll. We've conceded only 4 goals in our last 7 games, so 2-1 to us and Rudiger to get a red card. He's about due one.

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Merson, how someone like he can be involved in any way is beyond me. Jesus Christ..

I think in his own infantile way he is formulating the narrative that it will be all about money spent not Howes coaching therefore ultimately exonerating Bruce from any blame.

Because there will be an upgrade to the squad for next season any success will be attributed to that and the old line trotted out about how Bruce could have done the same job will be peddled

9 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

I see Merson is back on the sauce this week "They've been on a good run but these players finish in the bottom 3 next season". Is he barred from pubs in Newcastle or something?

He was saying he hopes the new owners don’t sit back (Ashley style) and stop investing because we would be third if the season had started in January, job done etc. 

It was a ridiculous analogy and of course that’s what was going to happen!

59 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Going to be a fully toxic atmosphere, first home game since the sanctions and last game with away fans + if you add in our ownership it's a perfect storm. Hope it doesn't boil over in the stands.

Yea I hope our fans don't get dragged into anything during the game. Just focus on the game and chant about the team.

Dread the idea of hearing us singing anything pro Saudi in retaliation to anything from their lot

I don't think we'll play particularly well, just too many of our best players missing to expect a good performance, but if we can defend resolutely like we have been doing for the past couple of months, we can still snatch something. For all the shitstorm which is surrounding Chelsea, they are still one of the best teams in the world, a result would be massive.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

I don't think we'll play particularly well, just too many of our best players missing to expect a good performance, but if we can defend resolutely like we have been doing for the past couple of months, we can still snatch something. For all the shitstorm which is surrounding Chelsea, they are still one of the best teams in the world, a result would be massive.

Agree mate , these are seriously good. As long as we stay competitive, I highlighted the 8/1 we are today and I think it’s about right . 1-0 or 2-0 today for me and that’s not the old me talking just think these are on another level 

44 minutes ago, The Merse said:

I think in his own infantile way he is formulating the narrative that it will be all about money spent not Howes coaching therefore ultimately exonerating Bruce from any blame.

Because there will be an upgrade to the squad for next season any success will be attributed to that and the old line trotted out about how Bruce could have done the same job will be peddled

Perfect usage :clap:

4 hours ago, GWN said:

8/1 :naughty:

I don't advocate gambling, but our chances of winning are better than that.

Chelsea have played mostly away recently, but have drawn three of their last four home games.

Everton (Rafa) 1-1, Brighton 1-1, Liverpool 2-2, and then Spurs 2-0

Big Dan Burn played for Brighton in that game (against Lukaku) and it sounds like they were unlucky not to win. 18 vs 11 shots and they hit the woodwork.

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, 54 said:

Always forget how good that first goal, because of the absurdity of the second :lol: 

Prime Cisse was a delight to watch.