Everton vs Newcastle: 17/03/2022 @ 19:45 (Amazon Prime)

Fantail Breeze

If we get an early goal and be as tight as we have in the last 10 games, we'll win this. If we go 2 up I can see their crowd turning, lots of bewwws. Refreshing going into this kind of expecting a result, a night game away at Everton was where we used to serve up our worst performance of the season before our promotion in 2017.

3 hours ago, LV said:

How is this our biggest test compared to Chelsea away??

Mainly because Chelsea was a free pass and not really that important. We are going into this one with some expectancy and its also against a relegation rival.

29 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Nervous about this one :(

There should always be an element of nerves when you are invested in the club and the result but in this case, we have cause to be nervous and optimistic.

A quick look on their forum and they are treating it like it's their biggest game for decades. This would normally mean a guaranteed home win against the NUFC of the past. Please, please let the new NUFC reverse that trend.

The first 20 mins of this game could well decide the outcome IMO. We need to be very sharp out of the blocks.

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

A few rumours doing the rounds that Pickford is out with COVID.

Absolute bottler! Shitting himself about getting called Dinosaur Arms again

Edited by Holmesy

6 hours ago, buzza said:

I am sure Eddie has a gameplan and we will attack them whilst making it tough for them. I would like to see Maximan and Fraser on the team sheet to phscologically get them on the back foot from the start and also Big Joe to get a bit of muscle into the midfield. Big Chris will hopefully have a better game.

Bruno deffo starts since Jonjo is out, willock will also surely start.

We should do this lot!

maxi-man-the-conglomerate-40322590-419-4

Wish Wilson, Jow and Tripps were fit. Think one or two might be underestimating how desperate this lot will be, cup tie atmosphere awaits. Aye they're shite, the league table doesn't lie, but desperation in a team can produce strange things. I can see this being a tight 0-0 or 1-1 or a bastard of a 1-2 with more crap officiating thrown in. Must not concede early. Please show me up for the miserable pessimistic bugger I am Eddie!

2 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Would be convenient for him 

The back up keeper may be a better choice unfortunately. His obvious Mackemness contributes to him doing crazy things in his desperation to beat us.