Everton 1 - 0 Newcastle United (17/03/2022)

Yorkie

Deep down I don't think Everton ever could get relegated with that squad. This game will have shown their players the effort they need to put in to win and I think it'll be a turn in their performances this. Gut wrenching that it had to be against us, 11v10 just the icing on the cake. I was happy with the fight we showed in the first half. Not so much in the second. Everton wanted it more than us today.

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Were you not saying get him on in a game like this?

Think I'm sick of him coming on to change a game. Either he starts or just leave him out. Never seems to get up to the pace of things when he comes in off the bench. He did not improve us a lick when he came on. 

Awfully disjointed and sloppy from us with the defensive solidity slowly unravelling as match went on. Fair play to Everton for making it a war of attrition and taking the chance when it came their way, can't stand Lampard and most of their fans are terrible but they did what they had to, still hope they get relegated obviously.

Edited by Dandy Man

1 minute ago, Numbers said:

As good as Howe has been, that was tragic, some terrible decisions.

Wood is fucking horrendous, was prepared to give him a chance but fuck me George Reilly could do a better job and hes probably 104 now.

who exactly do you put up there instead? 

And don’t say Gayle. He’s done. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

It's a bad day at the office. Stinking result in the circumstances but they've put every single sinew into this run since Christmas, and they've run out of steam at the end of a rotten sequence of aways.

Just got to put it behind us. 

Yeah not too discouraged. Had a run of 8 or 9 decent-to-good performances (including the loss to Chelsea). This is a bad one. Importantly, we amassed a shit load of points during that spell.

Just need to not stay on the deck. 

Fuck Chris Wood, mind. 

There's some class overreaction like [emoji38]

The game changed on the zip tie prat, made it completely scrappy and it effected us more than them, they wanted scrappy. We didn't play well, but it wasn't like Bruce at all ffs.

Edited by Bimpy474

Can’t wait to never have to watch absolute plodders like Krafth, Murphy and Wood again. It’s fucking painful how shit they are. Bruno must find it nothing short of embarrassing playing with such non entity players. 

Just now, Numbers said:

As good as Howe has been, that was tragic, some terrible decisions.

Wood is fucking horrendous, was prepared to give him a chance but fuck me George Reilly could do a better job and hes probably 104 now.

We dont have anyone better than Wood as an option up front and we’re playing him as a target man when he’s not one. Look at his Burnley goals, he played off Barnes more on the shoulder of the defender. We’re not playing to his strengths which is making him look poorer than he is. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Really disappointing that mind. None of the guile, the streetwise play, the craft, or the energy that's made us hard to beat and good going forward. 

Worst performance of 2022 by a mile.

Second half yes. First half we were very good.

We controlled the game for large parts, but lacked any kind of cutting edge in the final third. 

There was definetky some tired legs in there, hopefully a hard earned rest coming up after a run of W5-D1-L2 since the last.

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

No every time the ball finds his feet near goal he seems surprised, Wilson is streets ahead of him.

Comes across a little dumb whenever I watch him. Which has been too much if I'm honest :) 

Wilson can't return quick enough, said it before but he looks like your typical lump from the 80's.