Tottenham Hotspur 5 - 1 Newcastle United (03/04/2022)

BlueStar

1 minute ago, samptime29 said:

Horrendous 2nd half performance. 

They upped their game in the 2nd half but we were poor in the first half as well.

Have to say though, I'm looking forward to the reaction, Howe has no reason to keep anyone in as "he played well last week" 

1 minute ago, madras said:

Second half? The defence was Ok in the first half, Joelinton and Willock never started, Shelvey was only slightly better in that he tried to get things ticking over.

Thought Willock was ok 1st half, agree Joelinton wasn’t at it at all. We looked organised 1st half, Kane dropping 10 yards deeper completely fucked us and we were a shambles from that point.

Just now, Tsunami said:

Thought Willock was ok 1st half, agree Joelinton wasn’t at it at all. We looked organised 1st half, Kane dropping 10 yards deeper completely fucked us and we were a shambles from that point.

You saw a different Willock to me. Agree with the rest. We didn't play well first half, they were ordinary as soon as they stepped it up we had nothing and didn't react.

20 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Fuck this game, it'll be different next season, when the Napoleon wiggie wearing angry little cunt Conte is on about fucking off again, as Spurs won't spend two gazillion pounds on players.

The only job this season was staying up after what Bruce and Ashley had done, one more will do that and then we can build.

This.  There gonna be loads more bumps and probably worse than this.  

Onwards and hope we stay safe.

Just gotta prey arsenal and West Ham get 4th and 5th now 

I would start with Gayle on Friday or if not Wood then have Gayle come on.  Think Bruno through balls may be good for him.

Anyway this was a free hit after the weekend results.   Time to switch off, see what Burnley/Everton do on Wednesday - nice draw with sending offs and injuries would be perfect.

Be nice on here -  it will be rough for a while!

Edited by Awaymag

Just now, Awaymag said:

I would start with Gayle on Friday or if not Wood then have Gayle come on.  Think Bruno through balls may be good for him.

Anyway this was a free hit after the weekend results.   Time to switch on see what Burnley/Everton do on Wednesday - nice draw with sending offs and injuries would be perfect.

Be nice on here -  it will be rough for a while!

God no. I want a Burnley win.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

You saw a different Willock to me. Agree with the rest. We didn't play well first half, they were ordinary as soon as they stepped it up we had nothing and didn't react.

I thought Willock pressed reasonably well 1st half and a bit unlucky not to score.

Anyway, he wasn’t the problem. I know it’s hindsight but we really should have man marked Kane as soon as he started hurting us. Loads of poor performances and also include Howe in that for the lack of reaction to Spurs change of play.

Just now, Tsunami said:

I thought Willock pressed reasonably well 1st half and a bit unlucky not to score.

Anyway, he wasn’t the problem. I know it’s hindsight but we really should have man marked Kane as soon as he started hurting us. Loads of poor performances and also include Howe in that for the lack of reaction to Spurs change of play.

Willock ran after the ball. I totally agree with the rest

Tottenham improved in that second half, but there wasn't a reaction from us at all. Too many players were off their game and we were carved open in behind our full backs - I'd say Manquillo and Targett were both at fault for some of the goals (Doherty and Emerson) as they'd checked where the player was, but failed to do anything. The fifth goal was a combination of errors including Burn who rushed out unneccesarily and similar to the Iwobi goal three weeks ago.

They need to review the game and focus on Wolves as the season still has some twists left. If Watford beat some of those clubs around us (Brentford, Leeds and Burnley) before the end of the month and we fail to get anything from our run of games it leaves us with a horrible run of games to go.

Styles make fights and our high pressing with poor players was perfect for what they wanted to do. 

I think Howe has to take some responsibility for today. I'd have preferred we went for a back three and really forced them to play through us. I'd have shut us down at least until half time just to get there. Howe's forward thinking style is admirable but a dose of pragmatism would have been nice. 

Second half showed how much work we have to do even to be sniffing the top half. 

1 minute ago, Sima said:

This mackem cunt can fuck off like, trying to catch Ginola out.

He's awful is Jones. Not fit to sit in the same chair as Chamberlain. 

Edited by Thiago

43 minutes ago, robbo_11 said:

They need to review the game and focus on Wolves as the season still has some twists left. If Watford beat some of those clubs around us (Brentford, Leeds and Burnley) before the end of the month and we fail to get anything from our run of games it leaves us with a horrible run of games to go.

You think we will lose all the next four games against Wolves, Leicester, Palace and Norwich?