Newcastle United vs Wolverhampton Wanderers, 8/4/2022 @ 20:00 (Sky)

LRD

24 minutes ago, buzza said:

Shelvey looked very leggy yesterday, seemed like he was running on a treacle covered pitch at times.

Bruno switch for him and possibly get fraser and ASM to switch sides a bit as i think we are becoming predictable and they just double up on ASM and it seems to be working...

Shelvey should have been shipped out a few year ago and nothing has changed in that respect. 

1 hour ago, Nine said:

Its not time to panic and change the team after one bad result, I think he will give the same side from yesterday a chance to redeem and show more of what we saw on that good run

No time to panic, but we need Brunos intelligence and passing abilty against this Wolves side. They wont give away much space. Wont bench Shelvey either. Joelinton has been poor the last two games but we will miss his presence. So Bruno for Willock.

They play with wing backs, don't they?  If they do, after that mauling.  I have a feeling Howe might revert to the 3 at the back.  Hard to really pinpoint one problem area from yesterday.  As we were dominated in all areas.  But I just feel like we might try and match them up, the same as we did against Chelsea (albeit with them then playing a different formation). 

I notice Boly has just returned to their team the last few weeks so he’ll either score, concede a penalty, get off with a dodgy VAR decision, get sent-off or all of the above.

21 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Win this, get beat off Leicester, beat Palace and stay up.  Buy 16 new players in the summer and win the league next season.

Easy.

Sounds good, do we have to lose to a second string Leicester though?

Pretty dreadful home record against these in the league. 2 wins since 1977 and couldn't find a video of the second one. So I've included the League Cup win back in 2016 as well as a great memory from last season. :lol:

back-in-tyne-wolves.jpg

That Gouffran strike is definitely one where the (usually bullshit) cliche of "if X famous player scored that, people would go on about it for ages." Certainly in terms of from Newcastle fans' pov anyway. 

Ridiculous hit by an unfashionable player in an extremely unglamorous cup tie in front of a small crowd and filmed on a toaster. Present that with Match of the Day coverage and it's easily one of the goals of the season. 

I've only just discovered my fierce defence of it, like. :lol:

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

That Gouffran strike is definitely one where the (usually bullshit) cliche of "if X famous player scored that, people would go on about it for ages." Certainly in terms of from Newcastle fans' pov anyway. 

Ridiculous hit by an unfashionable player in an extremely unglamorous cup tie in front of a small crowd and filmed on a toaster. Present that with Match of the Day coverage and it's easily one of the goals of the season. 

I've only just discovered my fierce defence of it, like. :lol:

Gouffran went from half decent between when he signed and the end of 13-14, to being symbolic of everything dreadful about the club between 2014 and the 2016 relegation to being half decent again in the Championship. Scored that goal as well as the volley at Derby. Also remember his shot that hit the bar at light speed at home to Brighton. :lol: