sunderland in the EFL

Big River

2 hours ago, TeddySAFC said:

Odd that, as every single manager that's had him here has had nothing but praise for him. One of, If not the first name on the team-sheet every single week. I guess you know better than them though.

Come on mate, you’re a proper reasoned poster to be fair, and I have no doubt O’Nien is a trier. But ‘every single manager that’s had him here’ has been in League One until this season [emoji38]

He shouldn’t anywhere near a Premier League side and you know it.

10 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Come on mate, you’re a proper reasoned poster to be fair, and I have no doubt O’Nien is a trier. But ‘every single manager that’s had him here’ has been in League One until this season [emoji38]

He shouldn’t anywhere near a Premier League side and you know it.

I take it you missed the post where I said "I doubt O'Nien could make it in the Premier League", then. Seems quite a few on here can't read.

Edited by TeddySAFC

Mowbray has done a very good job with this cheaply coupled together mishmashed squad. I'll admit that.
I highly doubt they have what it takes to get promoted but if they do it will be hilarious. Their team is nothing but loan players, useless plodders like Danny Batth, former "PL prospects" given away or sold for peanuts by their former clubs and the same 5-6 cloggers we've laughed at for years now. Gooch, Embleton, Dan Neill and O'nien in the Premier League? BWAHAHAHHAHAH. They could easily do a Derby County 07-08 season and finish with 10 points or less. I'd rather they don't go up because I want them to be poor and miserable forever but if it happens it will be a shitshow guaranteed.

23 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

I take it you missed the post where I said "I doubt O'Nien could make it in the Premier League", then. Seems quite a few on here can't read.

You're quite right Teddy, I had missed your previous post saying that you doubt he could make it in the Premier League. Please accept my most sincerest of apologies - I was just flabbergasted at your following post where you argued he isn't shit because your managers in League One and the Championship speak so highly of him.

My bad, my man.

Did you read the actual article anyone?

Biggest load of bullshit ever....   we should be investigated because Man City are owned by a Sheik and Man Utd have attracted interest from the Middle East as well.  We are in danger of being caught allowing people with money to invest their money into something they want to invest their money into....   Then the people with no money will be sad and never win the league...  what a twisty faced twat!

There were a few grudging acceptances that we were looking pretty good and had for a while on the match thread last night, much like we have in here about them. Was looking forward to reading the fury this morning but thread gone alas

Part of me wants the kuntz to get promoted so we can hammer them and they go down again...MExit III. Then again, I'd be delighted if they are in the Chumpionship again next season.

11 hours ago, TeddySAFC said:

Odd that, as every single manager that's had him here has had nothing but praise for him. One of, If not the first name on the team-sheet every single week. I guess you know better than them though.

He's a good pro. He won't cause any problems and he won't ever down tools on the pitch. 

If we're discussing his technical ability - he's dire. Both can be true. He's only ever been a runner.

3 hours ago, Viana said:

He's a good pro. He won't cause any problems and he won't ever down tools on the pitch. 

If we're discussing his technical ability - he's dire. Both can be true. He's only ever been a runner.

Yep, that’s the thing.  Nowt wrong with liking a player at that level who’s a trier - we’ve had a few over the years.  The difference is that we weren’t daft enough to compare said trier to some of the best midfielders in the PL (Teddy hasn’t done this on here - but there are Mackems who’ve said what he’d do vs Bruno, Joe, Willock etc.  As if he’s anywhere near that level).