sunderland in the EFL

Big River

I think Gipetto might be a mag winding them up, the post about mags going to Sunderland because Newcastle is boring,then loads agreeing with him, surely he is taking the piss?

There was a thread on there recently ( parsnipped?) about mag top wearers should have their hard drives checked. It might be buried somewhere in their latest, yet another mag tops topic. 

Given the behaviour of their most (in)famous player in recent times, and a local lad to boot, should they really be finger pointing innocent people like this?

I went to a Sunderland match at the start of the season, most of my family are from county Durham. No hate for them here.

It was like a trip back to the 1970s, the was a "Britain First" clapped out old van driving round inside the coned off area near the ground playing what I assume is meant to be patriotic music. No one seemed to think there was anything unusual about this.

Great atmosphere inside but they started fighting amongst themselves when the equaliser went in.

The people I was with spent a fortune at the club shop, wore most of it at the match and on the way home on the metro through Newcastle. They wanted to cover it up as we neared Newcastle as they were concerned there might be bother, not one word was said nor was there any unpleasantness.

I don't think RTG represents the average Sunderland fan at all, is there a sane Sunderland forum I have missed?

43 minutes ago, Sid said:

I went to a Sunderland match at the start of the season...

It was like a trip back to the 1970s, the was a "Britain First" clapped out old van driving round inside the coned off area near the ground playing what I assume is meant to be patriotic music. No one seemed to think there was anything unusual about this.

they started fighting amongst themselves when the equaliser went in.

I don't think RTG represents the average Sunderland fan at all

Are you sure about that? :lol: 

From ShieldsGreggs absolute belter -

Was in Henderson’s Butchers this morning getting some stuff for me bbq for Saturday and was one of them in the shop. The butcher Henry said “good morning how can I help”

I walked straight out and drove to stirks instead. Should of told him to get stuffed and refused service.

Why are we suddenly accepting this? It’s rotten. What’s happened to us?

3 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Was in Henderson’s Butchers this morning getting some stuff for me bbq for Saturday and was one of them in the shop. The butcher Henry said “good morning how can I help”

I walked straight out and drove to stirks instead. Should of told him to get stuffed and refused service.

From time to time over the years I’ve seen plenty of Sunderland tops in town and wider areas where NUFC are the main club.  I’ve never seen anyone get any “shit” for this or even a second look.   

4 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Endersons Cher 

17 hours ago, Andy84 said:

From time to time over the years I’ve seen plenty of Sunderland tops in town and wider areas where NUFC are the main club.  I’ve never seen anyone get any “shit” for this or even a second look.   

That's because they're all so much harder than us. When we see them, we're too cowed in terror to speak up.

There’s one idiot on there called Vauxie, rambling on about slapping folk in Newcastle tops…. Now I reckon he must be taking his name from those 1970s hooligans which would put him in his mid to late 60’s…. at least..

Id actually pay to watch that daft old spunker attempting to slap anyone over the age of 14 without either getting laughed at or humiliated…

1 minute ago, llcoolc157 said:

There’s one idiot on there called Vauxie, rambling on about slapping folk in Newcastle tops…. Now I reckon he must be taking his name from those 1970s hooligans which would put him in his mid to late 60’s…. at least..

Id actually pay to watch that daft old spunker attempting to slap anyone over the age of 14 without either getting laughed at or humiliated…

Imagine being over the age of 21 and making up stories about hitting random people [emoji38]

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

RTG is no representation of them in real life. Most are sound football fans who appreciate a rivaly but don't make it their be all and end all, and just want their team to do well. Yes there is a bit of "banter" but it's mostly good humoured considering our relative positions. RTG represents the extreme who who would rather us do badly than them do well

1 hour ago, llcoolc157 said:

Aye bullshit lying prick he is. Easy to be a mouthpiece behind a keyboard 

2 hours ago, 54 said:

They could do well if they reinvest but Clarke will be a big miss. He looked very handy last season. No him or Diallo and they’re stripped of some serious creativity.

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

They could do well if they reinvest but Clarke will be a big miss. He looked very handy last season. No him or Diallo and they’re stripped of some serious creativity.

Only saw the one goal which they were showing on Sky Sports last night but it looked a good goal. If they sell him then it would say a lot about the ambitions of their owners.

On 29/06/2023 at 22:58, Andy84 said:

Late 90's I saw a disabled child in Maccies on Northumberland Street being wheeled around in a top with FTM on the back which seemed a bit provocative at the time, but other than that it's always just seemed normal to see their tops in Newcastle.

Tbh I prefer it to seeing Man Utd, Chelsea tops etc.