sunderland in the EFL

Big River

I've not heard of lemon either. Retard and camel shagger got an airing yesterday, I complained and managed to cop another ban. Stay classy, mackems.

What's the score with the tweet in support of the Aussie coming out being deleted? Is this the tweet he's on about? 

9 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

I've only ever heard the term being used to mean someone has done something silly/stupid.

Aye Lemon or Melon, but never heard it as a slur. Every days a school day I guess.

Unless we are being whooshed? Even Urban Dictionary doesnt show a result for it...

15 minutes ago, Sima said:

Maybe it's exclusive to South Tyneside schools in the late 80s/early 90s.  

No idea it was that niche.

Move that timeline back to late 70s/early 80s and it was indeed used in South Tyneside as an offensive term for Lesbians.

I remember the term lemon used in that context. I haven't heard it for probably 20 years like.

Quick edit: asked the folks around me and the results were pretty much all along the lines of someone who has done something stupid or if you bought a dodgy car. Seems it isn't a widespread thing.

Edited by Stal

35 minutes ago, Sima said:

Potentially as I went to Boldon Comp in the 80/90’s and a ‘lemon’ was a lesbian :lol: 

2 hours ago, Sima said:

Same timeframe as far south as Chester-le-Street. Thankfully never heard it since.

1 hour ago, Stal said:

I remember the term lemon used in that context. I haven't heard it for probably 20 years like.

Quick edit: asked the folks around me and the results were pretty much all along the lines of someone who has done something stupid or if you bought a dodgy car. Seems it isn't a widespread thing.

In the US we have Lemon Laws in most states that protects you from buying a new car that repeatedly needs fixing.

2 hours ago, Sima said:

He's an absolute bullshitter if he hasn't heard the word "lemon" to describe a gay woman.  It was pretty much the term of choice when I was at school.

Saw someone use the term "bum boys" there the other day.  But aye, feel free to sit on your pedestal and pontificate about how the Saudi Government treat homosexuals.

They've literally called us "Gaycastle" on RTG before :lol: 

18 minutes ago, Teslact said:

Same timeframe as far south as Chester-le-Street. Thankfully never heard it since.

In the US we have Lemon Laws in most states that protects you from buying a new car that repeatedly needs fixing.

We had the same in North Tyneside in the 80s but it was to protect you from buying a new lesbian that repeatedly needed fixing.

I’ve heard of lemon being used in the term to describe someone as a bit of an idiot.

I’ve also heard it used to describe lesbians.

It’s more commonly used to describe something that’s a bit shit that you’ve just bought.

Lass at work who is of that persuasion refers to herself as a lemon. She's from Keighley.

First time she said it in conversation I thought I had misheard, second time I asked sheepishly and diplomatically to check it meant what I thought it did. And yes, it did.

3 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

Lass at work who is of that persuasion refers to herself as a lemon. She's from Keighley.

First time she said it in conversation I thought I had misheard, second time I asked sheepishly and diplomatically to check it meant what I thought it did. And yes, it did.

yeah I work with a lass who calls herself the same, mind she’s from South Shields. Personally hadn’t heard the term until I met her 

4 hours ago, bigfella said:

Move that timeline back to late 70s/early 80s and it was indeed used in South Tyneside as an offensive term for Lesbians.

Yea the same in norfolk back then, lemon was either a lesbian or and idiot. It was used as "common speak" not nessarly nasty just another name

4 hours ago, Sima said:

Definitely used as a derogatory term for gay women north of the Tyne too in the 80s/90s. No idea it was just a local thing either.

Edited by Jackie Broon

They are twisting themselfs up so much right now, brown envelopes the lot

Shouldnt someone make a call to have someone check up on them to make sure they are ok..... [emoji38]