sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Don't know what I'd prefer. Another heartbreaking Play-Off campaign, a narrow relegation escape, or a meaningless, boring, drab 15th place finish which would epitomise their club and city. 

Skirting with relegation all season, and then on the last day they think they’re safe until a 97th minute goal sends them down. 

30 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Don't know what I'd prefer. Another heartbreaking Play-Off campaign, a narrow relegation escape, or a meaningless, boring, drab 15th place finish which would epitomise their club and city. 

I think the 90/91 season for us was probably the most pre-Ashley miserable one I experienced so that probably.

Although for context they've probably had fifteen seasons like that in that time so it wont feel as bad for them.

46 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

Seem to be happy with a point today, how the mighty have fallen. ;D

Suppose things like this help (not that it matters to this bloke but they're 18th 3points off second bottom)

Screenshot2023-08-26at17-40-23ManchesterUnitedvWolves-KickOff2000-SkySportsMainEventSkySportsPremierLeague.thumb.png.6c44c83d9a9963acab936464d5980303.png

Edited by Wolfcastle

3 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Skirting with relegation all season, and then on the last day they think they’re safe until a 97th minute goal sends them down. 

scored in a game involving Coventry and a relegation rival where the kick off is delayed by 15 minutes 

Edited by OCOCOL

I don't even want them having any optimism. I'd like them to get zero points in every match from now until the end of time, not even scoring a goal, and freefalling down the leagues until it's pub teams beating them to nil each week.

Why would you want them to have hope? :lol:

51 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I don't even want them having any optimism. I'd like them to get zero points in every match from now until the end of time, not even scoring a goal, and freefalling down the leagues until it's pub teams beating them to nil each week.

Why would you want them to have hope? :lol:

Because with hope comes disappointment.

Still like your scenario though!

4 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Suppose things like this help (not that it matters to this bloke but they're 18th 3points off second bottom)

Screenshot2023-08-26at17-40-23ManchesterUnitedvWolves-KickOff2000-SkySportsMainEventSkySportsPremierLeague.thumb.png.6c44c83d9a9963acab936464d5980303.png

The saddest thing of all is this G force bloke is absolutely that obsessed with Newcastle that every week when he looks at the Premier League he is torturing himself.  He has 10 months of misery to look forward to.

1 hour ago, hithere said:

We’re shit, need a centre forward. Won’t go down but I get the feeling the hierarchy are happy to languish about in Mid Championship and sell on a few players for funds and anything else is a bonus.

Could see Mowbray walking soon if you don’t get a striker in like.

1 hour ago, hithere said:

We’re shit, need a centre forward. Won’t go down but I get the feeling the hierarchy are happy to languish about in Mid Championship and sell on a few players for funds and anything else is a bonus.

It is hard to see what the plan is with KLD outside of sign young players and hope it goes well. 

I'm not sure how achievable it is to just hang about the Championship either given how competitive it is. It's early doors still but Bellingham is looking like the jewel in the crown, so it'll be interesting to see if he keeps this up in 12-18 months time. 

On 28/08/2023 at 01:35, Viana said:

It is hard to see what the plan is with KLD outside of sign young players and hope it goes well. 

I'm not sure how achievable it is to just hang about the Championship either given how competitive it is. It's early doors still but Bellingham is looking like the jewel in the crown, so it'll be interesting to see if he keeps this up in 12-18 months time. 

See I think he's shite , the 2 goals he got were a bit meh 

18 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Could be about to lose The Loch Ness Drogba to team up with Ryan Fraser at Soton. 

10M is good business mind for someone we have been without for a year and has also had previous injury problems in the past.

He's quality, but he's rarely fit.

24 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

10M is good business mind for someone we have been without for a year and has also had previous injury problems in the past.

He's quality, but he's rarely fit.

He irreplaceable as is proving thus season and last half of last season. You can't put a figure on it so it terrible business mate in truth if you get my drift. I'm happy he will go . 

6 minutes ago, GWN said:

He irreplaceable as is proving thus season and last half of last season. You can't put a figure on it so it terrible business mate in truth if you get my drift. I'm happy he will go . 

How is he irreplaceable? 10M for someone who has been injured for almost a year, has no intention of signing a new contract and is coming up 28 is good business.

On 31/12/2022 at 09:26, GWN said:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/ross-stewart-valuation-question.1596916/

state of this man , he’s shite and 1 million at best 

1 minute ago, GWN said:

Your league finish and current position tell you the story , if you think it's good then fair enough , I'm happy he's going 

That's funny, You posted on the 31st December that he is shite and worth 1 million at most, Since then, He hasn't played a game and you are saying he's now irreplaceable and 10M is a bad deal for us. You are magic you mind. :lol:

50 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

That's funny, You posted on the 31st December that he is shite and worth 1 million at most, Since then, He hasn't played a game and you are saying he's now irreplaceable and 10M is a bad deal for us. You are magic you mind. :lol:

image.jpeg.3c122edf7de5add1586ebcf064c5331f.jpeg