sunderland in the EFL

Big River

1 minute ago, Exiled in Texas said:

Yeah, it’s from last season.

i was just wishing that they continue into this season and feature the derby day fewm

It's not, it starts off when they hired Alex Neill

Still think the taxi driver is the canniest of the whole lot of them tbh. 

The kid owner seems clueless and clearly not playing with a full deck, he's got his own agenda and will do what he likes, hence lying about how much he owned and letting us have their hospitality for the derby last month. Huge red flags 

Some good results tonight with WBA, Norwich, and Hull all winning. Bristol City beating Southampton too didn't harm, although not sure if I see them threatening the top 6.

image.thumb.png.3b8b6ad957723a3c45e6c9e483f63be4.png

Ipswich have only taken 9 points from their last 9 games, but after their start, they will probably only need 13 or so points from their final 16 games, as 73 points would usually see you in the top 6, so it is still looking like 6 or so teams battling it out for the final 2 places. I think it will mainly be down to WBA, Sunderland, Coventry, Norwich, Hull, and if Boro can get a bit more consistency now they are out of both cups then they could have a chance, and they do have games in hand. I just don't see the likes of Preston, Bristol, Cardiff getting in, and Watford seem to have turned to shit with 3 defeats in a row and only 7 points from their last 9 games - Ismael will likely be on borrowed time now, given their track record.

It's going to be really interesting to see who finishes 2nd - Leeds have now won 7 games in a row, and Southampton lost in the league for the first time in 23 games, and way back in September.

14 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Some good results tonight with WBA, Norwich, and Hull all winning. Bristol City beating Southampton too didn't harm, although not sure if I see them threatening the top 6.

image.thumb.png.3b8b6ad957723a3c45e6c9e483f63be4.png

Ipswich have only taken 9 points from their last 9 games, but after their start, they will probably only need 13 or so points from their final 16 games, as 73 points would usually see you in the top 6, so it is still looking like 6 or so teams battling it out for the final 2 places. I think it will mainly be down to WBA, Sunderland, Coventry, Norwich, Hull, and if Boro can get a bit more consistency now they are out of both cups then they could have a chance, and they do have games in hand. I just don't see the likes of Preston, Bristol, Cardiff getting in, and Watford seem to have turned to shit with 3 defeats in a row and only 7 points from their last 9 games - Ismael will likely be on borrowed time now, given their track record.

It's going to be really interesting to see who finishes 2nd - Leeds have now won 7 games in a row, and Southampton lost in the league for the first time in 23 games, and way back in September.

4 teams fighting it out for the final place to be beaten by Southampton or Leeds over 2 legs. 

56 minutes ago, midds said:

The kid owner seems clueless and clearly not playing with a full deck, he's got his own agenda and will do what he likes, hence lying about how much he owned and letting us have their hospitality for the derby last month. Huge red flags 

Not sure if it's an agenda, or just being in his early 20s not having a clue what he's doing. :lol:

1 hour ago, midds said:

Yeah, he always seemed sound to me.  Type of bloke who’d I’d happily sit down with.

The paranoid bloke with the glasses was the biggest weapon - the one who thought Burton Albion had bunged the referee, as if they were peak-Calciopoli Juventus rather than a tiny club from a small brewery town. 

12 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

They really thought they were onto something then like bless them [emoji38]

2016/17 killed them. After relegation, Benitez was supposed to leave,we were supposed to riot and burn the city down and plummet down the leagues while they marched onwards and upwards with Fat Sam.

However Benitez stayed, we realised behind the team, bounced back into the PL. Meanwhile Fat Sam took the England job, they appointed Moyes and the rest is history.

23 hours ago, midds said:

Bloke seems like a maniac.

Taxi driver is just a salt of the earth football fan.

After 2 wins and drawing the smoggies in the previous 3, It'll be 'Beale out Marra' again, then. And next they face Mowbray at Birmingham at the weekend. 

image.png.67596308dced9314ce15be4f79f1c61b.png

Edited by TK-421

25 minutes ago, Sima said:

1 point off 6th.

Fuck this league.

The problem they'll have is that there are likely to be 5 teams battling it out for that 6th spot, it's one thing being better than 1 or 2 sides but being better than 4 isn't going to be easy

Another away game for them next, this time Big Tony Mowbray's Birmingham 

Aye he'll be back to despised fraud again and the poor fellas wart will become focused in on and back to second head status. 

About average gate but their lowest gate this year. Thought they had great away support (this fixture last year) and Netflix was supposed to make them massive.