sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Now that we're half decent again, would people want these and Middlesbrough back in the Premier League?

Think I would to be honest, adds a different dimension to a couple of games a season.

26 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Don’t know - I like the idea of boro winning the playoffs but something about Luton being in the prem and what it will mean to them really makes me want them to win the play offs this year.

The way Boro are going, it wouldn't be a shock to see them finish in 2nd place.

It would be just like the old days....gentle Tyne Tees rivalry, with the Wear invisible!

Edited by Jinky
typo

1 minute ago, Jinky said:

The way Boro are going, it wouldn't be a shock to see them finish in 2nd place.

It would be just like the old days....gentle Tyne Tees rivalry, with the Wear invisible!

They could get second but watching Sheffield u today - they look good as well, could go to the wire

43 minutes ago, 54 said:

Now that we're half decent again, would people want these and Middlesbrough back in the Premier League?

Think I would to be honest, adds a different dimension to a couple of games a season.

Yes, NE Football has been dire the past decade or so. All three of us in the top tier helps elevate football in the region. Develop local lads rather than losing them to the wealthiest clubs in Manchester, London or Liverpool.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Not that bothered about Boro but the mackems can stink the lower leagues out for a good few more years for me.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Nah, that’s potentially two games a season my family would refuse me to watch. I despise sunderland. I lose it no matter the score. 
Boro, I have no such feelings towards. 

2 hours ago, 54 said:

Know loads of Boro fans and they all wanted Man United to beat us in the cup final , fuck them hope they never get promoted, small time wankers , if roles were reversed I would always want them to beat Man United in a cup final .

Edited by Geogaddi

Would be happy never to play Sunderland ever again, and happy to admit that it's because I fucking hate losing to them :lol: I get net zero satisfaction from derby day even if we win, taking into account the sick feeling that leads up to the game :lol:

5 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Would be happy never to play Sunderland ever again, and happy to admit that it's because I fucking hate losing to them :lol: I get net zero satisfaction from derby day even if we win, taking into account the sick feeling that leads up to the game :lol:

100%

3 hours ago, 54 said:

No. When were half decent and have bigger fish to fry they don't matter. They only come to prevelance when we've nothing else - which is how its always been and always will be to them, a perfect reason to be the opposite.

Every game is a big game when you're trying to achieve things.

Boro is basically Coventry/Sheffield Wed run of the mill game to us but a derby to them ergo we've nothing to win but its their biggest game.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Can't see any advantages of playing the horrible cunts again, we have nothing to gain. Win and its "well youse have spent a fortewn" and anything other than a win would be "hurhur, spent a fortewn and cuddent beat uz, hurhur"

It's a no win situation for us. Far prefer them to spend the next 10+ years in midtable Champo obscurity thank you. 

3 hours ago, 54 said:

Back in the third division is where I want them.

They would fill the SoS with amnesty flags and all sorts of anti Saudi/human rights abuse stuff. (This despite the fact they didn't care until the day after we were taken over, of course)

It wouldn't be a good look from our stand point. Things are just better for us right now, with them completely out of the picture.

Also the adrenaline boost that people get from the derby has very recently been replaced by the increased adrenaline rush that comes from playing Spurs, Man U and Liverpool now. We still have huge games that get the butterflies going days before kick off without having to soil our minds thinking about that lot. 18 months ago those games were dreaded by the fans, now they're the biggest games of the season as they actually mean something now. Fuck the derbies

Hate Derby games. They make me ill. The delight of victory doesn't balance the horrific build-up. Want Sunderland to languish for infinity

Couldn't care about Boro. Happy for them to come up. And likely go back down again.

I don't miss the derby at all, but if Sunderland were to come up then I would rather it was in a few years when we are more established at the top end of the table just so the gap gets bigger and bigger, and the situation be far more like it was in the mid nineties and early 00's than what is was under the Ashley years.

Re Boro, I've said a few times that I was very much up for them coming up - haven't played them for over 13 years now, I like Carrick, a much more local fixture, more significant than an average PL match against the likes of Palace, Fulham, Brentford etc. but not a proper obvious derby, but that banner the other week reminded me that they will try and make it far more than it should be, so I'm at least hoping Sheff Utd go up automatically, and then see who has made the playoffs to determine who I'd like to come up.

I thought the fact they had played Sunderland as many as 10 times since they last played us, the fact it's closer to Sunderland, and that their general profile is nearer Sunderland than it is to us, and the difference will only increase, I thought Sunderland would naturally become the obvious main rival from their perspective, but probably not.

2 hours ago, JLC said:

Hate Derby games. They make me ill. The delight of victory doesn't balance the horrific build-up. Want Sunderland to languish for infinity

Couldn't care about Boro. Happy for them to come up. And likely go back down again.

I used to get this, but nowadays I don't think I would. I have no distinct emotions towards them at all, they are nothing to me. I find their hatred and obsession of us quite embarrassing tbh. Those mackems waving Man U flags ffs :anguish:

I would enjoy a critical league game against a European rival, far more than against this lot.

Edited by Klaus

6 minutes ago, Sima said:

Imagine that horrible clogger O’Nien occupying the same space as Bruno? He’d be out to kick him at every opportunity.

All they do is "imagine" the horrible SMBs

image.png

Edited by Dancing Brave

16 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

All they do is "imagine" the horrible SMBs

image.png

Fuck me we've all done it, daydreamed of playing for our teams. For me it always involves playing great and scoring or selflessly creating the winner, often heroically playing through injury, carrying my own severed arm round the pitch for the final 5minutes type thing and winning over the very intelligent, cute but shy Sister of my teams captain.

It never involves just wanting to injure someone and fuck the score.

Edited by madras

8 hours ago, 54 said:

I used to have a soft spot for boro back in the Juninho days, but since Bernie Slaven started running his mouth off against Newcastle back on that radio talkshow they used to have with Supermac on it, I really can't be arsed with them.

As for Sunderland, maybe if they merged with some nearby village and renamed themselves Washington, maybe.