sunderland in the EFL

Big River

24 minutes ago, madras said:

Fuck me we've all done it, daydreamed of playing for our teams. For me it always involves playing great and scoring or selflessly creating the winner, often heroically playing through injury, carrying my own severed arm round the pitch for the final 5minutes type thing and winning over the very intelligent, cute but shy Sister of my teams captain.

It never involves just wanting to injure someone and fuck the score.

I'm sure if they really wanted to, could try attempt to go toe to toe with Dan Burn in 'real life'. Somehow I can't see them trying that.

11 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

Know loads of Boro fans and they all wanted Man United to beat us in the cup final , fuck them hope they never get promoted, small time wankers , if roles were reversed I would always want them to beat Man United in a cup final .

I’d want Man Utd to beat the Smoggies, it has to be said.  They’re not proper rivals but that doesn’t mean I want them to succeed. 

Had the same from a smoggie workmate in the late 90s, he wanted Man Utd to win. I guess it's because Middlesbrough are even more a nothing club than Sunderland, without any real local rivals and yet another industrial wasteland.

I have no feelings towards Middlesbrough either good or bad, so them coming up wouldn't matter one bit to me as I don't even know a single Middlesbrough fan to have a bit banter with.

As for Sunderland. I always say I wish on them what they wish on us. A lifetime of misery and suffering where following their football team is concerned, so on that basis I hope they continue to stink out the lower leagues in their half empty stadium for many years to come.

Don't mind Boro. Happy to have them in the prem. Not a full on derby but enough to take seriously and want to win. Bit like a Leeds++.

Generally their fans are canny. Like Sunderland fans of old, not this new breed obsessed with us and twisted by their failure.

22 hours ago, Gawalls said:

Don’t know - I like the idea of boro winning the playoffs but something about Luton being in the prem and what it will mean to them really makes me want them to win the play offs this year.

I was never bothered with Boro growing up but when I went to live near Yarm for a few years, fuck me, they hate us and I was a bit bemused by it :lol: 

Horrible place to go for an away game when it was at Ayresome as well. Fuck them.

14 hours ago, madras said:

Fuck me we've all done it, daydreamed of playing for our teams. For me it always involves playing great and scoring or selflessly creating the winner, often heroically playing through injury, carrying my own severed arm round the pitch for the final 5minutes type thing and winning over the very intelligent, cute but shy Sister of my teams captain.

It never involves just wanting to injure someone and fuck the score.

Madras, that is a spicy imagination you have! 
:notbad:

I think with Boro the problem lies in the fact that a large proportion of people from there used to follow us and Sunderland. Their fans were largely a few diehards who were just happy supporting their club.

In the last 20 years or so, Teesside has been trying to gain its own identity away from the rest of the North East and even Yorkshire. I’m not just talking about football, but it transfers over to football. Now you have Boro fans in Stockton, Darlington etc following them who are trying to gain their identity and trying to force a rivalry with us and Sunderland.

I can sort of understand a rivalry with Sunderland for fans who live in places like Peterlee, and Easington. A rivalry with us is being forced because of our stature as the biggest city in the North East (which Teesside’s desperately try to tell you they are not a part of) and the fact that there was decent Al numbers of our fans in places like Darlington and Newton Aycliffe etc.

19 hours ago, Klaus said:

They would fill the SoS with amnesty flags and all sorts of anti Saudi/human rights abuse stuff. (This despite the fact they didn't care until the day after we were taken over, of course)

It wouldn't be a good look from our stand point. Things are just better for us right now, with them completely out of the picture.

Boro would do similar as well. In fact they've already had a few banners aimed at us. So fuck them as well