sunderland in the EFL

Big River

8 hours ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Not before this belta of a comment:

Screenshot_20230317_221907_com.android.chrome_edit_543034619645781.jpg

:lol: :lol:

Didn't someone on there years ago, say they would rather have Turner (I think) to Carles Puyol? 

Edited by Klaus

5 hours ago, Klaus said:

:lol: :lol:

Didn't someone on there years ago, say they would rather have Turner (I think) to Carlos Puyol? 

A good few said they’d rather have James McLean than Gareth Bale.

Martin Waghorn better than Bojan too.

Someone on there tried to claim Nobby was overhyped and bang average last night.

Edited by Sima

7 minutes ago, Sima said:

A good few said they’d rather have James McLean than Gareth Bale.

Martin Waghorn better than Bojan too.

Someone on there tried to claim Nobby was overhyped and bang average last night.

The funny thing is that they’re the only one of the three North East clubs which have played in the top flight and have not really seen proper international class footballers in their side.  The Smoggies (Juninho, Ravanelli, Boksic etc etc) and us have had our fair share - but how many Sunderland players in most of our lifetimes were first choice for an international side of any repute?

They’ve no idea what a top-rank player looks like unless they’re playing for the opposition.  And they don’t watch anyone but SAFC and NUFC on a regular basis.  Their jealousy and belief that they’re our equals means that they can’t allow themselves to believe that Isak or Bruno are top-notch players.  Of course O’Nien would have Bruno on toast.  Of course he would. 

51 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

It's the most Mackem thing in the world. One of my best friends at work, SAFC season 'card' holder, on each and every defeat blames the ref. Caveats it sometimes with "we shouldn't have got anything anyway but........" then blames the ref for everything.

14 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I have recollections of Stoke being dicey - a league cup tie there in the mid-90s was a particular ‘stand-out’.

I was there. Beat them 4-0. Was the worst football violence I've ever experienced in my life. Even seen a supporters minibus overturned onto its side. From the moment we arrived it just had a really menacing feel about the place.

5 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

I was there. Beat them 4-0. Was the worst football violence I've ever experienced in my life. Even seen a supporters minibus overturned onto its side. From the moment we arrived it just had a really menacing feel about the place.

Their lot were pretty nasty. The Naughty Forties. Had my retina detached by one of them back in the 90s. 

21 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Aye they falsely spread rumuours that some young Stoke lass had been assaulted by our lot to try and justify it aswell. 6.5k away fans there that night was absolute carnage, give as good as we got after the game though.

Edited by Whitley mag

In Blakes and a bunch of Luton fans have turned up. I thought it was a bit odd and my heart sank because I just assumed there must be some anti-immigration rally happening at Monument but it turns out that Luton are away at Sunderland this afternoon and I can't help but smile.

I wonder why Luton fans would rather spend their morning wandering round Grey Street than spend anything longer than the bare minimum with our dear neighbours. 

2 minutes ago, number37 said:

In Blakes and a bunch of Luton fans have turned up. I thought it was a bit odd and my heart sank because I just assumed there must be some anti-immigration rally happening at Monument but it turns out that Luton are away at Sunderland this afternoon and I can't help but smile.

I wonder why Luton fans would rather spend their morning wandering round Grey Street than spend anything longer than the bare minimum with our dear neighbours. 

I've spoke to many travelling fans going to Sunderland. Newcastle is part of the attraction. Go to Sunderland as late as possible and get out as soon as.

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

Our coach had a couple of windows put out.  Exactly as you said, it just had a really nasty vibe from the moment the coach pulled in.  I didn’t get the same feeling visiting Stoke after they left the Victoria Ground.