Newcastle United 0-1 Liverpool (30/04/2022)

Disco

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

A new starting number 9 and a winger with a real goal threat (maybe 2) are an absolute must in the summer. Would make us look a completely different team. We dont pressure from the front with the ball anywhere near enough. I am aware this is Liverpool but we should still be able to cause some legitimate problems. 

If we can get some real threat up front and from the opposite side of ASM, they’ll stop double and triple teaming him and we’ll be golden.

Just now, Fatwax said:

Is it bitter to think that the Liverpool players were suspiciously that much fitter and able to recover? Or is the gulf in ability really that big?

Juiced up to fuck.

Just now, Cf said:

Can't be too upset at that. They're just on a different level to us. 

All of our issues today; failure to create chances and allowing Liverpool to carve their own chances, were largely self generated. I didn’t see a world class performance from Liverpool. Just a very good team rotating 4 or 5 first teamers keeping possession and controlling the game.

Why do Liverpool have to be so annoying about everything? :lol: Don't really mind the result, but the way they behave, from the bench to the players on the field. Can't wait until they are back to a non-entity like in the 90's.

ASM very poor today. Midfield quiet. We just came out second best in almost every challenge, every loose ball there were red shirts there to collect.

Disappointing but that’s how far we are away from them. The difference between the top sides and everyone else is the pace they can play at. We were a good bit off them man for man.

Even I am losing patience with Maxi at this point. He maybe needs a spell on bench and enjoy some sub appearances against tired legs to get some confidence back.He is just not getting in dangerous positions at all

Gulf in Class, evident and expected. I stuck up for Wood last week but Jesus Christ! lol... Wins nothing in the air, has a first touch like a Wood Door and is constantly reacting on his heels. Maxi was hugely disappointing too, for a future Ballon d'or winner :) Thought Bruno was quiet too tbh, but again expected against one of the top 3 teams on Earth.

Never expected anything, Back to be 6:30 am here!

Ah well, not that bad. A big gulf between the sides, but we were one decent cross and header or ricochet off a point. A huge improvement over Bruceball.

When the lads watch the video, I hope they focus on the tactical fouls, the playacting, and blocking of early freekicks. All of these can and should be copied. 

Just now, Cronky said:

Beaten but not disgraced.

I can't think of a single, clear-cut chance we created, unless you count the offside ones. They played their offside trap very well. 

Felt like it would have been exposed by a team with better strikers. There were definite opportunities for us there, we just weren't good enough up top.

Never have I before seen a referee stop play for a head injury because a player headed the ball. It didn't hit him in the face, he dived down to head it with the top of his head and the ref stopped it after he stayed down. What a load of bollocks.